Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - 4th Edition

Notices

AussieLauren

Old December 13th, 2009, 12:10 AM
Hello and thank-you in advance for your help.

Am building a level 4 character (previously done on the DnDi character builder) and trying to have the "Call of the plague" multiclass power.

I.E. character is level 4 rouge, has student of the plague multiclass feat and has the novice power feat at level 4.

The builder is now telling me I can only have one ranger encoub=nter power (which is reasonable) but I am getting the error "Nothing to Chose from" when trying to add a new encounter power under the multiclassing tab.

I wondered if this is because I haven't found a checkbox for the spellscarred trait, and am thus not qualifying? Or does the downloader not load the extra "class" of spellscarred?

Thanks for any help,

Lauren

Up-to date data files and DnDi files
Forgotten realms rulesets enabled

Addition:
Also unable to learn forgotten realms languages?

Last edited by AussieLauren; December 13th, 2009 at 12:23 AM.
AussieLauren is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
SAbel

Old December 15th, 2009, 05:26 PM
I need to look at spellscares more b/c I do not use them that much nor does anyone in my game. I have attempted to remake your character but I also had not luck making the multi class allow me to pick so I will play with this more over the weekend when I have time and try to help you out.
SAbel is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
AussieLauren

Old December 15th, 2009, 05:31 PM
Many thanks
AussieLauren is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
jekessler

Old December 16th, 2009, 10:44 AM
I am trying to make my first 4th ed character, replicating one I also did in the WoTC Character Generator, and I run into the same problem with the multiclass tab.

My wizard, with the Initiate of the Old Faith feat, has all of his wizard abilities showing up correctly, and the IotOF feat shows up on the multiclass tab, but there is no encounter power to select, Wildshape shows up nowhere on his list of at-wills, and Nature is not a trained skill.

I, too, wonder if there is an option or switch somewhere that I need to check to get it to recognize the feat, but since it is showing up on the multiclass tab, I thought it was already recognized.

Is there an issue with multiclass feats in general, or am I missing something?

Our DM is making tons of custom updates to our game, which makes it difficult to add to the WotC CG, so I am evaluating the Authoring Kit solution (since I already use HL for our M&M game). But we make extensive use of multiclassing, so this is a big issue for us.
jekessler is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Colen
Lone Wolf Staff

Old December 18th, 2009, 05:35 PM
AussieLauren / SAbel: I finally figured out what was going on with the Spellscarred stuff, so the "Student of the Plague" feat now gives you access to Spellscarred powers just like any other Multiclass feat. This will be fixed in the next version, out very soon.

jekessler: Thanks for the report, I'll see if I can get this fixed too.
Colen is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
SAbel

Old December 19th, 2009, 04:52 AM
Colen Rocks he is on Santa's "Good" list for sure.
SAbel is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
AussieLauren

Old December 23rd, 2009, 03:05 AM
Hi Colen and co,

thanks for looking into this. I have installed the 21st dec update, however still having no love with the multiclass tab.

Have reinstalled from scratch, redownloaded from scratch and rebuilt character from scratch to no avail. Still "No options" error.

Cheers!
AussieLauren is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
Colen
Lone Wolf Staff

Old December 28th, 2009, 10:50 AM
AussieLauren: Are you downloading with or without a D&D insider account? Without the D&DI info, there's no way to determine that a power is a "spellscarred" power, so it won't appear in the list.
Colen is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
AussieLauren

Old December 29th, 2009, 10:08 AM
Hi, yes have been using the DnD insider account, as administrator.
AussieLauren is offline   #9 Reply With Quote
Colen
Lone Wolf Staff

Old January 5th, 2010, 08:54 AM
Hmm... when you add the Student of the Plague feat, does it allow you to pick one of the spellscar options (Sight of the Unseen, Flamespeed, etc)? Does the Multiclass tab appear at all, and just not let you select any spellscarred powers from the Encounter list?
Colen is offline   #10 Reply With Quote