Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - 4th Edition
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Daphne Pfister

Old October 18th, 2012, 10:04 PM
For Blackstaff Apprentice, I got your changes to work by adding some bootstrap tags. User.FeatureChk and User.ThemeFeat to the cantrips. ( This will need the updated version of the patch that is attached to the first post. ) You might want to change the @message text to mention Theme Features instead of class features.
Attached Images
File Type: png Screen Shot 2012-10-19 at 2.00.17 AM.png (167.7 KB, 11 views)
File Type: png Screen Shot 2012-10-19 at 1.59.39 AM.png (296.9 KB, 9 views)
File Type: png Screen Shot 2012-10-19 at 2.00.03 AM.png (277.6 KB, 8 views)
Daphne Pfister is offline   #21 Reply With Quote
cryptoknight
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old October 21st, 2012, 07:41 AM
Thanks for the changes! I'm having pretty good luck putting in all the themes legal to LFR.

I'm running into a sticky point with the Callidyrr Dragoon.

They get Weapon Proficiency in a Military Weapon (WepCat.wcMilitary). I spent a while trying to figure out a way to Bootstrap the existing Weapon Proficiency feat and limit it to just that category, but couldn't.

So instead I created a new Weapon Proficiency Feat and in it's tag list I put & WepCat.wcMilitary &

And that works great for the background, but I can't figure out how to keep that Feat from showing up in the list of available feats.

Any ideas?
cryptoknight is offline   #22 Reply With Quote
Daphne Pfister

Old October 21st, 2012, 10:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cryptoknight View Post
Thanks for the changes! I'm having pretty good luck putting in all the themes legal to LFR.

I'm running into a sticky point with the Callidyrr Dragoon.

They get Weapon Proficiency in a Military Weapon (WepCat.wcMilitary). I spent a while trying to figure out a way to Bootstrap the existing Weapon Proficiency feat and limit it to just that category, but couldn't.

So instead I created a new Weapon Proficiency Feat and in it's tag list I put & WepCat.wcMilitary &

And that works great for the background, but I can't figure out how to keep that Feat from showing up in the list of available feats.

Any ideas?
I wonder if you could bootstrap the original Weapon Proficiency with bootstrap field "usrCandid1" and value "component.WeaponBase&WepCat.wcMilitary&!Equipment .Natural&!component.MagicItem & !thingid.wpMagic?"

Seems to work when I tried it. It might also be possible to set up an eval script somewhere that finds the bootstrapped pick and updates it's field[usrCandid1].text value appending "& (WepCat.wcMilitary | thing.chqNothing )"

Edit: As for the custom feat approach, I probably should add a required theme choice to the editor and logic.

Last edited by Daphne Pfister; October 21st, 2012 at 11:07 AM.
Daphne Pfister is offline   #23 Reply With Quote
cryptoknight

Old October 21st, 2012, 06:41 PM
Nah... no need for the custom feat... but what is usrCandid1?

It works... but I don't know where you pull this info out of.
cryptoknight is offline   #24 Reply With Quote
Daphne Pfister

Old October 21st, 2012, 07:05 PM
usrCandid1 and usrCandid2 are the choice selection list. If you click on the feat in an editor window, and then go to the fields button you will see the contents of that field there.

As to how I figured this out, I pretty much devoured the http://hlkitwiki.wolflair.com wiki and read most of the 4e game definition files and pretty much figured out how it all goes together. I'm a programmer specializing in software tools such as compilers, debuggers and real-time patching, so figuring out how a novel software system works is pretty much what I do for a living. I'm actually kinda surprised that they made there own language instead of using a more standard embedded language, such as lua.
Daphne Pfister is offline   #25 Reply With Quote
cryptoknight

Old October 22nd, 2012, 02:17 AM
As I recall... (I may be wrong) I think Wolflair pre-dates Lua (1998).

I'm a DBA by trade, the closest thing I get to coding in real life is a Stored Procedure or an SSIS/SSAS package. I keep wishing for Intellisense more than anything.
cryptoknight is offline   #26 Reply With Quote
MagicSN

Old November 10th, 2012, 05:52 AM
Hello!

When trying what was decribed in this thread the Powers for the theme generated never appear. Also it always adds a Wand of Accuracy Theme feature (which is listed at the place where I expect the Level 1 Feature to end up).

Any idea what I might be doing wrong?

Thanks in advance!

MagicSN
MagicSN is offline   #27 Reply With Quote
MagicSN

Old November 10th, 2012, 10:55 AM
I tried to include the Wizard's Apprentice Theme (which does not require a background). My problem: The Color Orb Power (Theme-Power on Level 1 when using this Theme) does not show up. Instead of the Theme Feature "Wand of Accuracy" (which is a class feature of my character) shows up.

Any idea what I might do wrong?

MagicSN
MagicSN is offline   #28 Reply With Quote
Daphne Pfister

Old November 14th, 2012, 08:38 PM
The class tab only has special logic for showing At-Will powers that are added automatically. Looks like it will need something added similar to Helper.AutoClsAtW. I actually wonder why Helper.AutoClsAtW wasn't just Helper.AutoClsPower and that the <list> entries for tab_class powers weren't Helper.AutoClsPower & PowerType.AtWill and the like. That would be the way to fix it. Guess I can see if I can tweak my patch to do that as well since Themes are a common case that might need bootstrapped encounter or daily powers.
Daphne Pfister is offline   #29 Reply With Quote
Daphne Pfister

Old November 14th, 2012, 09:01 PM
Okay, put out a 3.16c version of the zip files.
Daphne Pfister is offline   #30 Reply With Quote