Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Card Vault Forums > Card Vault

Notices

Oni-no-Uh-Oh

Old August 27th, 2008, 02:05 PM
Thought I'd try again... :?

When I try to open L5R in Card Vault I get an "Out of memory" message.

Yes, I've tried closing all other applications.
Yes, I've tried removing the file that I was working on before everything went haywire.
I've also tried reinstalling Card Vault.

I'm not a computer wiz, but don't CV and CVEdit use the same definition file? If I can't use CV because of a faulty definition file, shouldn't I also be unable to open CVEdit? (CVEdit continues to work beautifully.)
Oni-no-Uh-Oh is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old August 29th, 2008, 03:18 PM
At 03:05 PM 8/27/2008, you wrote:
Quote:

Yes, I've tried removing the file that I was working on before everything went haywire.

I'm not a computer wiz, but don't CV and CVEdit use the same definition file? If I can't use CV because of a faulty definition file, shouldn't I also be unable to open CVEdit? (CVEdit continues to work beautifully.)
I just tried testing this. For some reason, the latest L5R data files won't even import for me. The import file is being reported as invalid. So I can seem to recreate this problem at the moment, and I have to leave in a couple hours for our local Con this weekend.

Save any new files you've added into a separate directly somewhere. Then try re-importing the L5R data files, allowing CV to delete all files that aren't being replaced. Then see if the L5R files will load. Once they load, try adding your separate content back in, one file at a time. Hopefully, it will all work.

Both CV and CVEdit use the same definition file. However, they use the file in very different ways. So it's quite possible that one will fail and the other will work fine when there is a glitch in the definition file. No, CV should not crash, but it's not surprising the CV fails on a file that CVEdit handles without any problems.
rob is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Oni-no-Uh-Oh

Old August 30th, 2008, 07:09 PM
Thank you very much. I'll try what you said and let you know if it works.
Oni-no-Uh-Oh is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Oni-no-Uh-Oh

Old August 30th, 2008, 08:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rob
Quote:

I just tried testing this. For some reason, the latest L5R data files won't even import for me. The import file is being reported as invalid. So I can seem to recreate this problem at the moment, and I have to leave in a couple hours for our local Con this weekend.

Save any new files you've added into a separate directly somewhere. Then try re-importing the L5R data files, allowing CV to delete all files that aren't being replaced. Then see if the L5R files will load. Once they load, try adding your separate content back in, one file at a time. Hopefully, it will all work.

Both CV and CVEdit use the same definition file. However, they use the file in very different ways. So it's quite possible that one will fail and the other will work fine when there is a glitch in the definition file. No, CV should not crash, but it's not surprising the CV fails on a file that CVEdit handles without any problems.
Okay, I did what you said and the L5R file now opens in CV *but* there appears to be another problem now...

Though all episodes are available for selection in the filter window, some of the sets come up empty, showing no cards at all. And although I've done some pretty extensive work on nearly every episode, the only ones that aren't showing up are the Lotus and Path of Hope episodes that were included with the last release AND every single new episode that I've since added myself. These were all working perfectly fine before. I don't understand what's changed. I thought it might have been the Words and Deeds file since I'm pretty sure it was the last one I worked on before the trouble started, so I added that file back last when following your instructions but it didn't seem to make a difference either way. :?
Oni-no-Uh-Oh is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Oni-no-Uh-Oh

Old September 11th, 2008, 04:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oni-no-Uh-Oh
Quote:
Originally Posted by rob
Quote:

Okay, I did what you said and the L5R file now opens in CV *but* there appears to be another problem now...

Though all episodes are available for selection in the filter window, some of the sets come up empty, showing no cards at all. And although I've done some pretty extensive work on nearly every episode, the only ones that aren't showing up are the Lotus and Path of Hope episodes that were included with the last release AND every single new episode that I've since added myself. These were all working perfectly fine before. I don't understand what's changed. I thought it might have been the Words and Deeds file since I'm pretty sure it was the last one I worked on before the trouble started, so I added that file back last when following your instructions but it didn't seem to make a difference either way. :?
Any further suggestions, Rob? :?
Oni-no-Uh-Oh is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
Oni-no-Uh-Oh

Old October 2nd, 2008, 11:17 PM
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by rob
Quote:

Any further suggestions, Rob? :?
Guys, come on! I seriously need some more help with this!
Oni-no-Uh-Oh is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
Oni-no-Uh-Oh

Old October 21st, 2008, 11:37 PM
H E L L O !!!!!!! :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:
Oni-no-Uh-Oh is offline   #7 Reply With Quote