Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Notices

Bob G

Old May 6th, 2020, 11:39 AM
I'm starting work on Everyman Gaming's fantastic Psychological Maneuvers product. It introduces a feature called Psychology DC, which acts in a similar manner to CMD. It is available and usable by all characters.

Is there a way to add this through the editor, or would it have to be added through the XML code?

Thanks!

Projects: Legendary Rogue (Legendary Games) 97.9%, Assassin (Interjection Games) 88%, Fortunate (rebuild of Luckbringer, Rite Publishing) 87.2%, Adept Godling (Super Genius Games) 73.9%, Eldritch Godling (Super Genius Games) 72.9%, Mighty Godling (Super Genius Games) 44.3%, Clever Godling (Super Genius Games) 41.2%, Legendary Cavalier (Legendary Games) 30.9%

Message me for a list of completed projects.
Visit my blog! https://gauntletsofblogrepower.blogspot.com/
Bob G is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Daniel V
Lone Wolf Staff

Old May 6th, 2020, 02:29 PM
Unfortunately that's not a thing the editor can do I believe, if you're looking to set it up like CMD. You may be able to set it up like a Maneuver Type though. It'll require a bit of messing around with it to calculate its "CMD", but I think that might be about the most comparable way the editor could handle it.
Daniel V is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Bob G

Old May 6th, 2020, 07:34 PM
Thanks Daniel, I don't think we've chatted before. I really appreciate all the support the Lone Wolf staff and volunteers provide in these forums. I've gone from completely inept at the editor to only moderately inept in two and a half short years, and it's mostly from all the help that you and all the other contributors provide.

I'll try approaching it as a Maneuver Type and see if I can get it to behave.

Projects: Legendary Rogue (Legendary Games) 97.9%, Assassin (Interjection Games) 88%, Fortunate (rebuild of Luckbringer, Rite Publishing) 87.2%, Adept Godling (Super Genius Games) 73.9%, Eldritch Godling (Super Genius Games) 72.9%, Mighty Godling (Super Genius Games) 44.3%, Clever Godling (Super Genius Games) 41.2%, Legendary Cavalier (Legendary Games) 30.9%

Bob G is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Minous

Old May 7th, 2020, 04:37 AM
The other way you could approach this is treating it as a skill, and having it show up there.
Minous is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Bob G

Old May 7th, 2020, 11:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minous View Post
The other way you could approach this is treating it as a skill, and having it show up there.
Hmm, that's an interesting idea. Worth a shot!

Bob G is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
Minous

Old May 7th, 2020, 11:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob G View Post
Hmm, that's an interesting idea. Worth a shot!
Yeah I got tired of calculating the Intimate DC for NPCs (I have a couple local builds that target that) and just threw it in with a mechanic to auto attach to all NPCs.
Minous is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
Bob G

Old May 19th, 2020, 08:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minous View Post
Yeah I got tired of calculating the Intimate DC for NPCs (I have a couple local builds that target that) and just threw it in with a mechanic to auto attach to all NPCs.
Entering it as a skill worked out pretty well. I get a validation error because the "ranks" exceed the character's level, but otherwise it works. Thanks for the suggestion!

Bob G is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
Minous

Old May 20th, 2020, 01:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob G View Post
Entering it as a skill worked out pretty well. I get a validation error because the "ranks" exceed the character's level, but otherwise it works. Thanks for the suggestion!
If you are using an automatic calculation for the ability (like CMD does) you shouldn't need to manually put ranks in. In the example of the intimidate check I set the skill to be wisdom based and added an eval script with "field[skTotal].value = 10 + herofield[tHitDice].value"
Minous is offline   #8 Reply With Quote