Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Savage Worlds
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

SeeleyOne

Old July 23rd, 2016, 09:24 AM
The Killer Instinct edge does not exist in the data.

I just made my own a couple of years ago when I noticed, but it would be a "bug". I gave mine the id of "edgKillNst". I think I started with the N because an "i" looks like an "l". I mention this with the small hope that when it gets entered that it would have the same so that it will effectively remind me to remove it from my own data file when it is updated.

Evil wins because good rolls poorly .... or the players are not paying enough attention to the game.
SeeleyOne is offline   #151 Reply With Quote
SeeleyOne

Old July 23rd, 2016, 09:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeeleyOne View Post
I have found that the character sheet print out option has gotten pretty bad about leaving off things. If a race has a few things that show up, or your character uses cyberrnetics or robotics, it will start omitting details. Hindrances disappear first, then the racial stuff do. It will then start chopping off skills. The print out option needs a serious overhaul.
This still needs to be fixed. The left column on the first page does not carry over properly when there are Hindrances at the bottom, it just cuts off.

Racial abilities, Racial properties, and Hindrances get cut off in my experience.

Evil wins because good rolls poorly .... or the players are not paying enough attention to the game.
SeeleyOne is offline   #152 Reply With Quote
CapedCrusader
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old July 23rd, 2016, 12:19 PM
OK, I've added Killer Instinct here. It'll go out in the next fix update. (Oh, and no luck there. I have no problem with the I. Since I went and did that, I'll remind you myself.)
On the print-out issue, could you send me an example portfolio file, so I can have see specifically the conditions that cause it?
Also, I noticed something while I was working on Interface Zero 2.0 the other day. When I did the Sci-Fi Companion, I didn't put the standard gear tag on the various pieces of equipment. This fixes it so that you can't remove it all with the Setting tag. I'm going to be adding the standard gear tag on everything stock from the Sci-Fi book. Will this cause anyone any problems?

_
Currently In Development: Savage Pathfinder, SWADE Fantasy Companion
Future Development: SWADE Super Powers Companion, SWADE Sci-Fi Companion
_
Currently Running: Savage Unity Inc. (homebrew multiverse theme)
Setting Files Supported: Deadlands: Reloaded, Flash Gordon, Gaslight, Hellfrost, Interface Zero 2.0, Seven Worlds, Slipstream, Solomon Kane
Future Setting Files: Savage Judge Dredd
CapedCrusader is offline   #153 Reply With Quote
BiblioTech

Old July 24th, 2016, 07:08 AM
In the Science Fiction Companion, the Starship Modification "Crew Reduction" is not working correctly. It should be adding a total of (Starship Size/4) Mod Slots each time it's taken, but currently it gives the following results:

Small (Size 6): 5 additional Mod Slots. Should be 2 (rounding up all fractions per SFC p.45)
Medium (Size 8): 7 Mod Slots. Should be 2
Large (Size 12): 8 Mod Slots. Should be 3
Huge (Size 16): 10 Mod Slots. Should be 4
Giant (Size 20): 13 Mod Slots. Should be 5
Gargantuan (Size 24): 18 Mod Slots. Should be 6
Behemoth (Size 28): 23 Mod Slots. Should be 7
Leviathan (Size 32): 30 Mod Slots. Should be 8
World Killer (Size 40): 38 Mod Slots. Should be 10
BiblioTech is offline   #154 Reply With Quote
dartnet

Old July 24th, 2016, 04:20 PM
Exoskeleton gear is not adding to Strength dice.
Champion, Mentalist, and Mr Fix for the Super Power Companion 2ed requires the Arcane Skills.
Barbaric Blood and Scamper edges dose not work with the adaptable edge.
dartnet is offline   #155 Reply With Quote
SeeleyOne

Old July 25th, 2016, 03:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dartnet View Post
Exoskeleton gear is not adding to Strength dice.
Champion, Mentalist, and Mr Fix for the Super Power Companion 2ed requires the Arcane Skills.
Barbaric Blood and Scamper edges dose not work with the adaptable edge.
Those are pretty easy fixes.

As for the requirements being different, I came up with an easy way by using 2 Pre-Reqs entries. One is turned off when the source, in this case, the source for SPC2, is also turned off. That would be the "default" mode, where the need for the arcane skill needed. The second version would say something like "need for arcane skill or SPC whatever-gives-it version". Just use a better choice of words.

The Scamper edge should only really work with a Small Human.

SeeleyOne is offline   #156 Reply With Quote
EricaOdd

Old July 25th, 2016, 08:07 AM
I'll post these here so as not to detract from the SPC2 announcement thread.

In the SPC 2...

1. [Acknowledged to be corrected by Caped Crusader] Switchable doesn't seem to work right.

If I build a 12 point power (including 2 points for Switchable), it lets me build a 12 point power to switch to. It should only let me build a 10 point power.

The power you switch to has a point cost equal to the main power minus the Switchable cost.

2. Another question... I've given a character the Trademark Weapon Edge via the Super Edge power. I'm getting two validation errors. One is "Trademark Weapon: duplicate weapon selected," and the other is "Trademark Weapon: You must choose an option."

I'm not sure where the first one is coming from, but for the second one I can't seem to find where I need to go to enter the weapon option for Trademark Weapon. The Edge tab is highlighted red, but that Edge doesn't appear there for me to fill it in.

It looks like Edges in general aren't being accounted for correctly when purchased with the Super Edge power. I created another character with Extraction via Super Edge, then in a later XP-based advancement wanted to give him Improved Extraction. I'm getting a validation error that I need Extraction first.

3. I see that there's a modifier for Super Sorcery, to give yourself a power as a spell. In a future update, could something like that be done for the Invent power, too?

4. How do you add Super Power Points to minions? I can make a minion easily enough using the NPC option of the Configure Hero menu, but how do you give them Power Points purchased via the Minions power? When you add the AB Super Powers, it defaults to giving them 10 pp if I don't have a power level checked.
EricaOdd is offline   #157 Reply With Quote
CapedCrusader

Old July 25th, 2016, 05:16 PM
OK, shazbot, I answered those in the other thread. I'll take a look at the Trademark Weapon thing, too.

On the Advance/Improved Edge issue, that might be a problem. The issue we run into is that Edges granted to the Hero through the Super Edge power aren't actually attached to the Hero, they are attached to the Super Edge power. When the code in the Improved version checks the hero for the base version of the Edge, that's why it can't find it. The only way to really fix it would be to go back and re-code every Edge with a requirement of having another Edge to look at the Super Power stack as well. And it would only affect characters that use the Super Edge Power. I'll try to think of another way around this issue.

_
_
Setting Files Supported: Deadlands: Reloaded, Flash Gordon, Gaslight, Hellfrost, Interface Zero 2.0, Seven Worlds, Slipstream, Solomon Kane
CapedCrusader is offline   #158 Reply With Quote
CapedCrusader

Old July 25th, 2016, 05:19 PM
And again, thanks for this. Building the Rogue's Gallery, I went though a lot permutations for the quite complex interactions between powers and modifiers, but finding these other issues is terrific!

_
_
CapedCrusader is offline   #159 Reply With Quote
EricaOdd

Old July 25th, 2016, 06:38 PM
The Edge issue with Trademark Weapon is happening for Mastery, too, since you have to choose a power for it. If you get Mastery with Super Edge, you don't have an option to select a power.

Edit: Your answer above also explains why the Super Edge power doesn't check within itself either. Say, if I use Super Edge to get Improved Frenzy it will let me even if I haven't purchased Frenzy with Super Edge.

Last edited by EricaOdd; July 25th, 2016 at 06:54 PM.
EricaOdd is offline   #160 Reply With Quote