Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Discussion
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Farnaby

Old September 25th, 2014, 12:49 PM
In the future, I would like to have a main realm, e.g. a Pathfinder Adventure Path that uses Golarion as a base and then add a single module to this realm.

If the module is a separate realm is this at all possible?
Farnaby is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
MaxSupernova

Old September 25th, 2014, 01:18 PM
Not until they get the marketplace up and running.

There's no ETA on that, but it won't be soon.
MaxSupernova is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Farnaby

Old September 25th, 2014, 02:51 PM
That's clear, I just wanted to know if you can import 1 realm into another.

(Also pushing the boundaries of asking a stupid question. )
Farnaby is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
MaxSupernova

Old September 26th, 2014, 04:17 AM
No. The mechanism for transferring data between realms is fundamental to the marketplace. They aren't tied together because of business plans, but technical requirements.
MaxSupernova is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
AEIOU

Old September 26th, 2014, 08:58 AM
In the future, you should be able to create a base realm and then import (via the Marketplace) additional content. So if you create/buy/download an adventure path/module, you should be able to import that material into an existing realm.

What we don't know is:
1) How we will need package material for exporting to Marketplace and then importing into our realms.
2) How seamless integration of new imported material will be when added.
3) When Marketplace will be available.
4) Whether the GM export/import functionality will be part of the initial Marketplace offering.
AEIOU is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
Acenoid

Old September 28th, 2014, 04:24 AM
...5) Wether the GM can export/import "offline"
Acenoid is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
AEIOU

Old September 28th, 2014, 06:08 AM
@Acenoid: VERY good addition. I have cloud so it's not a concern to me. But if cloud access is required for any data transfers between realms that is a very big question for many.
AEIOU is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
goviwan

Send a message via Skype™ to goviwan

Old October 2nd, 2014, 10:28 AM
This is similar to the topic I posted here.

I've been trying to add content whenever I have a spare moment. Unfortunately, that means sometimes I don't have an internet connection. Maybe I've got purchased content in one realm that I want to add to another and I happen to be offline. We should be able to transfer content from one realm to another and then sync later on. Same applies for user-created content.

Maybe the dialog that would allow this would be an import window which allows you to click a checkbox for items you want to import. The linking obviously would occur once the import was completed and only for items which actually existed in the second realm.

Just a few thoughts...

G
goviwan is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
Dark Lord Galen

Old October 2nd, 2014, 02:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AEIOU View Post
@Acenoid: VERY good addition. I have cloud so it's not a concern to me. But if cloud access is required for any data transfers between realms that is a very big question for many.
Ditto to that.... to me it would be counter to what was advertised.... ORIGINALLY you were only required to log on once... after that, the expectation (IMO) was we were to be able to do all functionality within our own REALMS. (yes plural)
There are many times in traveling I do not have access to wifi and have worked on my realm offline (updating later to insure sync of info). Without being able to move stuff from one of my realms to another of MY realms, this would be a near dealbreaker...
Dark Lord Galen is offline   #9 Reply With Quote
rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old October 3rd, 2014, 04:44 PM
Just to make things clear...

Each setting or module will be managed as a separate realm. You WILL be able to import multiple settings/modules/whatever into another realm.

By extension, this means you should be able to do the same with your own content, merging one realm in with another. So you can essentially share content with yourself.
rob is offline   #10 Reply With Quote