Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Shadowrun
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Peter Smith

Old February 17th, 2012, 09:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathias View Post
Look around the Pathfinder and Shadowrun files - how often have I responded to questions about release dates - hardly ever. I've been burned by mis-estimates too often.
Generally speaking I hit Facebook more often than I do this site. Is it safe to assume the news will go up on FB a reasonable amount of time after the files get posted for sale?
Peter Smith is offline   #41 Reply With Quote
Colen
Lone Wolf Staff

Old February 17th, 2012, 09:11 AM
Absolutely! We sometimes wait a couple of hours before posting a release to make sure there aren't any issues we missed, but we'll always post information about major new releases soon after they're out on Facebook, Twitter, and our web page.
Colen is offline   #42 Reply With Quote
Peter Smith

Old February 17th, 2012, 09:17 AM
Thanks for the reply Colen. As it stands, I was about to post: "Well, never mind. I just saw the Hero Labs updates get posted to FB."
Peter Smith is offline   #43 Reply With Quote
Calabim696

Old February 17th, 2012, 12:59 PM
Quote:
Look around the Pathfinder and Shadowrun files - how often have I responded to questions about release dates - hardly ever. I've been burned by mis-estimates too often.
Well you did reply to this thread many times before this last question was asked. One could construe, though no exact dates were given, that if only given the title of the thread that these are comments were about when items would be released. I mean even if the reply is only to say check the newsletter it is still a reply regarding when something will be released. However my comment wasn't specifically directed to anybody. I've found on gaming or software forums (this being a little of both) that when someone ask a question like this silence is never a good sign. If things are going well a developer will say something like, "Shouldn't be too long" or a small tease. When things aren't going as well or someone doesn't have an answer people want to hear they tend to choose silence.
Calabim696 is offline   #44 Reply With Quote
Peter Smith

Old February 17th, 2012, 01:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calabim696 View Post
When things aren't going as well or someone doesn't have an answer people want to hear they tend to choose silence.
Catalyst, for the last few years, won't post release dates until a solid date is known. The reason is simple: it's so the game stores know that they can get their orders into the distributors and have the distributors able to fill the orders. It's a little different here, as these guys handle their own distribution. But it looks like they keep the same approach - sit on the date until it's known.
Peter Smith is offline   #45 Reply With Quote
Colen
Lone Wolf Staff

Old February 17th, 2012, 01:26 PM
Yup. We'd rather spend the extra time and get something done well than set arbitrary deadlines for it that we have to sacrifice quality to meet.
Colen is offline   #46 Reply With Quote
Peter Smith

Old February 17th, 2012, 02:02 PM
In any case, it matters not anymore.
Peter Smith is offline   #47 Reply With Quote
RavenX
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old February 17th, 2012, 10:55 PM
Quality is important in the products this company releases.
It does take a lot of time to get the data crunched out, implemented properly, and tested for bugs to make sure it is as accurate as possible and everything works fine. Sometimes some bugs slip through the cracks and need to be fixed, but that is just part of the process. Humans are imperfect beings after all, but the work done here is high quality and worth every penny.

My gaming group relies on Hero Lab for our campaigns, it keeps my players honest because the validation reports will show if they did something wrong. It also keeps the playing field fair. I honestly wish I had this software for RPGA games back when I used to DM them. It simplifies character creation and has allowed me to introduce new players to the games I run that never would have tried them if the process wasn't this simple. I am always willing to wait for a data update that provides quality to ensure honesty amongst my players and keep the game fair.
RavenX is offline   #48 Reply With Quote