Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Discussion
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

SeeleyOne

Old July 10th, 2013, 01:33 PM
Will there be any data packs available for purchase? For example, the data for the world of Golarion? It is easier to run a campaign when you can have the baseline data (and then alter it as needed). It is also easier to learn a setting when you can go around, kind of wiki-like, instead of searching through all of the associated books. Merely making reference to them is helpful, but it is far more helpful if you can copy-paste the text and edit as needed.
SeeleyOne is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
SeeleyOne

Old July 10th, 2013, 01:36 PM
Nevermind, I saw that there is a thread on this already. At any rate, at least this serves as one more vote for "hey, get it done and take my money". But in the other thread I saw it appears more geared towards the Adventure Paths, which would be awesome, but I was asking for the whole Golarion data as a whole, which could be added to the AP as needed. I am thinking bigger.
SeeleyOne is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old July 10th, 2013, 04:25 PM
Just to clarify... Realm Works is not "geared toward" Adventure Paths. Realm Works can fully support the whole of Golarion, but that's a vastly larger chunk of work to get all of Golarion into RW. And the utility of RW would be severely limited if we only got pieces of Golarion into place, so it's not nearly as useful until a sizable "critical mass" is available. In contrast, APs are self-contained and much smaller than the whole of Golarion. As such, that's where we'll be starting.

Starting with APs is also an easier thing for publishers to wrap their heads around. Businesses are inherently cautious, since they have a lot to lose if they choose poorly. RW is a radically different model and many publishers are understandably a bit hesitant at first. By taking the process in steps, it's a smoother transition and less drastic an evolution, which makes it easier for publishers to embrace.

You may be a complete believer - and so are we, obviously - but we need to migrate to the new model in manageable steps. So APs are the best place to start, and we'll continue to grow from there.
rob is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Quellious

Old July 11th, 2013, 06:08 PM
Sounds like a great place to start for me. Of course I am a very new GM who is starting out using Rise of the Runelords AP. So it'd be nifty if that one was first lol! Thanks for the updates rob.
Quellious is offline   #4 Reply With Quote