Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

candidgamera

Old March 4th, 2014, 02:00 PM
Hmm. Ethnicities only work for humans, so I can't distinguish between Darkonian and Sithican Elves that way.. but I suppose I could copy the Elf race and make a Sithican variant race and change the default language.

What resources have you folks found to be the best for learning how to do custom content?
candidgamera is offline   #11 Reply With Quote
bodrin

Old March 4th, 2014, 02:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by candidgamera View Post
Hmm. Ethnicities only work for humans, so I can't distinguish between Darkonian and Sithican Elves that way.. but I suppose I could copy the Elf race and make a Sithican variant race and change the default language.

What resources have you folks found to be the best for learning how to do custom content?
Trial and error.
Existing examples in the data files, exuberant use of the copy button in the editor.
And of course the tutorials in the help files, the links to the videos and the D20PFsrd website in my signature. Also asking questions on these forums!

Dormio Forte Somnio

Community Created Resources :
Data Package Repositories :
d20pfsrd
Custom Character Sheets
Community Server Setup (Packs)

Hero Lab Help- Video Tutorials and Pathfinder FAQ

Created by the community for the community
bodrin is offline   #12 Reply With Quote
AndrewD2

Old March 4th, 2014, 02:16 PM
Ethnicities do can exist for other races, I know there's one for Elves if you have the People of the North source enabled.
AndrewD2 is offline   #13 Reply With Quote
candidgamera

Old March 4th, 2014, 02:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrewD2 View Post
Ethnicities do can exist for other races, I know there's one for Elves if you have the People of the North source enabled.
I would probably have to purchase and enable that source, I'm guessing; else there's some deeper magic to it that I don't know yet. It's not a big deal at the moment; I don't expect a lot of Sithican Elves.

bodrin : Thanks! I'm looking over some stuff now.
candidgamera is offline   #14 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old March 4th, 2014, 03:01 PM
Quote:
I would probably have to purchase and enable that source, I'm guessing; else there's some deeper magic to it that I don't know yet. It's not a big deal at the moment; I don't expect a lot of Sithican Elves.
You don't need the package at all. You just have to increase the number of Racial Custom abilities allowed.

My best advice is search this forum for help. LOTS of the same questions already answered. For example HERE is a post where I answer the question and even give a script example regarding Ethnicities for races.

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #15 Reply With Quote
candidgamera

Old March 4th, 2014, 03:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowChemosh View Post
You don't need the package at all. You just have to increase the number of Racial Custom abilities allowed.

My best advice is search this forum for help. LOTS of the same questions already answered. For example HERE is a post where I answer the question and even give a script example regarding Ethnicities for races.
Awesome. I am making myself a list of bookmarks for reference - I appreciate the assistance. And I've downloaded several of the packages you've put together for later use as well - though I haven't found a master list of what's in your Adjustments file yet.

Maybe if I can whip this Ravenloft file into shape I can post it for other folks to use.
candidgamera is offline   #16 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old March 4th, 2014, 03:34 PM
Quote:
though I haven't found a master list of what's in your Adjustments file yet.
Its HERE. I do have to work on that list because I keep having to shorten it as the post exceeds the 10,000 character limit. Need to turn it into a PDF or something.

Quote:
Maybe if I can whip this Ravenloft file into shape I can post it for other folks to use.
I am sure many would find that very useful. I am pretty sure I have seen Ravenloft requests over the years. Feel free to send me a PM later when ready to share and we can see about putting it on the community server.

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #17 Reply With Quote
candidgamera

Old March 5th, 2014, 03:52 PM
Disappointingly, the Lone Wolf team has deemed the 'No Common Language' rule to be working as designed, even if it does lead to the nonsensical result of a mass of mute human commoners; I certainly won't be going to the lengths I have for Ravenloft for any future games I run using that house rule, but I can run them without Hero Lab easily enough.

Speaking of Ravenloft, I've finished the core languages and religions; and coded the human ethnicities to work around the language problem. On to the Mist Domain next..
candidgamera is offline   #18 Reply With Quote
candidgamera

Old March 5th, 2014, 04:59 PM
Question! What sort of element would the 'No Common Language' house rule appear under in the editor, if any? I could just clone it and write my own fixed version that gives humans a language slot, but I'm not sure what kind of object it would be. I am concerned it may be one that the editor does not yet allow for. Thanks in advance!
candidgamera is offline   #19 Reply With Quote
Aaron

Old March 5th, 2014, 05:18 PM
Do you want all races to get a replacement slot for losing common, or only humans to get the replacement slot?
Aaron is offline   #20 Reply With Quote