Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Savage Worlds

Notices

Paragon

Old August 20th, 2017, 09:38 AM
Okay, in the Broken Earth .user I've got a couple of edges that autoadd gear. They work properly at character creation, but not for an advance (the program says its auto-adding the items, but it doesn't actually do it.

Any idea why this is or how to fix it? If relevant, here's one of them below:

Code:
<thing id="edgAxeThr" name="Axe Thrower" description="When your character uses a throwing axe, the range increases  to  4/8/16.  Additionally  she  gains  three  free throwing axes.\n{b}Note:{/b} Only available to characters originating from the Axe Tribe." compset="Edge" summary="Increased throwing axe range 4/8/16" uniqueness="unique">
    <fieldval field="shortname" value="Axe Thrower"/>
    <usesource source="BrEarth"/>
    <tag group="User" tag="Activation" name="Activation" abbrev="Activation"/>
    <tag group="EdgeType" tag="Background"/>
    <tag group="MinRank" tag="0" name="Novice" abbrev="Novice"/>
    <autoadd thing="wpBEAxeTh" portal="arRange"></autoadd>
    <exprreq message="Throwing d6 required."><![CDATA[#traitfound[skThrowing] >= 3]]></exprreq>
    <exprreq message="Strength d6 required."><![CDATA[#trait[attrStr] >= 3]]></exprreq>
    </thing>
Paragon is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Topdecker

Old August 21st, 2017, 01:16 PM
Try...

<autoadd thing="wpBEAxeTh"</autoadd>

I will tell you, that once you get it working, you may not like it. The granted items currently cannot be discarded.

EDIT: Missed the bit where you said the problem was when it was added as an advance... More testing here.

This worked fine as an advancement edge:

<thing id="edgTSTgonz" name="Gonzo With the Gear" compset="Edge">
<tag group="EdgeType" tag="Background"/>
<tag group="MinRank" tag="0"/>
<autoadd thing="wpColtDrag"></autoadd>
</thing>

Last edited by Topdecker; August 21st, 2017 at 01:21 PM.
Topdecker is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Paragon

Old August 21st, 2017, 02:04 PM
Huh. So the min-rank is the issue? Or the portal (I thought that was necessary)? What do you do if there is a rank pre-req?

And as far as I know, the "can't be discarded" is with bootstrapping, not autoadd. I certainly just tested it and it got rid of the battle axe that comes with its accompanying edge.
Paragon is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Topdecker

Old August 21st, 2017, 05:33 PM
I looked at it again and I was mistaken - the gear that I 'added' was already there (it wasn't removed when I added it to the portfolio earlier as a starting edge). Testing with a new portfolio and adding it as an advancement has the same results that you are experiencing. Apologies for the wasted time
Topdecker is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Paragon

Old August 22nd, 2017, 08:04 AM
You can't possibly be wasting more of my time than I have Zarlor and CC (in particular)'s over the time I've been here.

That said, if anyone can tell me why its doing this and (ideally) how to fix it, it'd be nice.
Paragon is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
zarlor

Old August 22nd, 2017, 10:01 AM
I need to find some time to play with that, but I haven't touched the autoadd stuff since it's been available. Several of my data files could definitely use that, but no guarantees I could figure anything out on it, mind you. I don't know when i could get to it right now, though. Sorry.

Lenny Zimmermann
Metairie, LA, USA

Data files authored (please let me know if you see any issues with any of these if you have/use them):
Official (In the downloader)
50 Fathoms, Deadlands: Hell On Earth, Deadlands: Noir, East Texas University, Necessary Evil (requires Super Powers Companion), Pirates of the Spanish Main, Space 1889 (original file by Erich), Tour of Darkness, Weird War II, Weird Wars: Rome
Coming Eventually
Evernight (LWD has completed their review but I have some fixes to make first... although Pinnacle mentioned this might get an overhaul to SWADE so I may just wait for that first. If you just HAVE to have this now, though, just PM me)
zarlor is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
Topdecker

Old August 22nd, 2017, 10:16 AM
Out of curiosity, why is there a distinct tab for Edges that bootstrap weapons or armor? It made me wonder if whatever caused that to be a thing might dovetail with this problem.
Topdecker is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
zarlor

Old August 22nd, 2017, 01:24 PM
Sort of. The autoadd gear is a very new thing, and for a while the only version of that we had was the Edges that Bootstrap Weapons method. It was relatively short-lived, however, as kind of an interim method. Now all Edges should be set as activateable and that method, somehow, has provided us with the ability to autoadd gear. Don't ask me the specifics of that, though, that's stuff CC had to work on and I think a lot of it had to do with prep work to the underlying code that he needed for the Interface Zero 2.0 file.

All I know is that currently that tab is a leftover that, as of the last code update, we no longer should be using as it is being deprecated. It may go away completely in the future.

Lenny Zimmermann
Metairie, LA, USA

Data files authored (please let me know if you see any issues with any of these if you have/use them):
Official (In the downloader)
50 Fathoms, Deadlands: Hell On Earth, Deadlands: Noir, East Texas University, Necessary Evil (requires Super Powers Companion), Pirates of the Spanish Main, Space 1889 (original file by Erich), Tour of Darkness, Weird War II, Weird Wars: Rome
Coming Eventually
Evernight (LWD has completed their review but I have some fixes to make first... although Pinnacle mentioned this might get an overhaul to SWADE so I may just wait for that first. If you just HAVE to have this now, though, just PM me)
zarlor is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
Topdecker

Old August 22nd, 2017, 02:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zarlor View Post
All I know is that currently that tab is a leftover that, as of the last code update, we no longer should be using as it is being deprecated. It may go away completely in the future.
That is the sort of thing that I was hoping to hear, thanks!
Topdecker is offline   #9 Reply With Quote
CapedCrusader
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old August 23rd, 2017, 05:39 PM
Precisely correct, Z...
That was a temporary work-around for the Edges with Bootstrapped Equipment issue.

_
Currently In Development: Savage Pathfinder
Future Development: SWADE Super Powers Companion, SWADE Fantasy Companion
_
Currently Running: Savage Unity Inc. (homebrew multiverse theme)
Setting Files Supported: Deadlands: Reloaded, Flash Gordon, Gaslight, Hellfrost, Interface Zero 2.0, Seven Worlds, Slipstream, Solomon Kane
Future Setting Files: Savage Judge Dredd
CapedCrusader is offline   #10 Reply With Quote