Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Authoring Kit

Notices

TCArknight

Old August 19th, 2017, 07:57 PM
Hi all!

I am working on a system with 6 attributes. The first step is allocating the following values to the attributes: 10, 9, 9, 8, 8, 7

I would like to set this up to be able to Drag and Drop the values to the attributes. However, I have no clue how where to start for the D/D function. I know if has something to do with a table_dynamic and procedures, but that's about it.

Is there an example or suggestions available?

Thanks!
TC
TCArknight is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
RavenX
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old August 20th, 2017, 02:27 PM
To be honest, I don't think this is possible based on how the file structure works, TC. I think you'd need the incrementers.

RavenX Pronouns: She/Her

Please do not PM me to inquire about datafiles I coded "for personal use" such as Exalted, World of Darkness, AD&D, or Warhammer 40K Roleplaying. I appreciate your interest, but I do not own the Intellectual Property rights to these game systems. Nor do I have permission from any of the Publishers to distribute the data files. As such, I cannot distribute the work I have done with community on these files. They are "for personal use" only. Thank you.

I am far too busy these days to answer emails. If you message me here there is no guarantee I will get back to you at all.
RavenX is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Duggan

Old August 20th, 2017, 02:54 PM
I know the Shadowrun system has drag-and-drop for their "Priorities", so it's possible to drag and drop. I just don't know how to do it.
Duggan is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
RavenX

Old August 20th, 2017, 04:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duggan View Post
I know the Shadowrun system has drag-and-drop for their "Priorities", so it's possible to drag and drop. I just don't know how to do it.
That is a newer feature, not something I've seen in the kit wiki. You guys will need Mathias for that because they don't make the Shadowrun code accessible to us. I think the staff is at Gen Con this weekend. I wouldn't expect a formal reply for at least a few days since they don't usually return to work the day after a convention due to travel fatigue and the like... and that's assuming no convention plague....

RavenX Pronouns: She/Her

Please do not PM me to inquire about datafiles I coded "for personal use" such as Exalted, World of Darkness, AD&D, or Warhammer 40K Roleplaying. I appreciate your interest, but I do not own the Intellectual Property rights to these game systems. Nor do I have permission from any of the Publishers to distribute the data files. As such, I cannot distribute the work I have done with community on these files. They are "for personal use" only. Thank you.

I am far too busy these days to answer emails. If you message me here there is no guarantee I will get back to you at all.
RavenX is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old August 24th, 2017, 07:14 AM
Get it all working, then work on advanced options like drag-and-drop. That's not something worth delaying the release of your game system to get working.

You'll note, however, that in systems like 5e, where the attributes are using an array of allowed values, same as yours, that we haven't bothered to set something like this up, because we consider it more work than it's worth. So your drag-and-drop will not be the same as Shadowrun's.
Mathias is offline   #5 Reply With Quote