Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - D&D 5th Edition SRD

Notices

Cid

Old February 11th, 2020, 08:48 PM
I'm making an NPC, but i can't see where i might be able to add a spell-like ability to her Familiar!

She's an Eldritch Knight crime-lord with the Magic Initiate feat and i'm tying all those spells to her Infernal Cat. The cat isn't supposed to be your average familiar. She has a few spell like abilities (Misty Step, etc...).

I can't see anywhere in the personal tab on the familiar to do this.
Cid is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Fenris447

Old February 12th, 2020, 05:18 AM
If I were doing this, I'd make a new monster for the familiar in the Editor. Take whatever cat you are going to use, and make a new copy of it. From there you can add the abilities to the new cat. There *may* be an extra step to get Hero Lab to recognize the new monster as a valid familiar, but I'm not sure off the top of my head if it's just a field on the monster (that would already be checked if you're copying an existing familiar) or some field in the Find Familiar spell itself that needs to be extended.

Found an issue with or have a suggestion for the 5e Community Pack? Please post it here at our GitHub.

Feel free to stop by the Lone Wolf Development Subreddit, for discussion of any and all LWD products and community efforts!
Fenris447 is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Mergon

Old February 12th, 2020, 05:43 AM
If I remember correctly, when you create a race (creature), on the far, upper ring of the scrolling window, you will find a check box that gives the creature the option of being a familiar.

Watch your back, Conserve your ammo,
and NEVER cut a deal with a dragon!
Mergon is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Fenris447

Old February 13th, 2020, 11:47 AM
There is a checkbox in the second/third column in the editor for whether a monster is a familiar.

Found an issue with or have a suggestion for the 5e Community Pack? Please post it here at our GitHub.

Feel free to stop by the Lone Wolf Development Subreddit, for discussion of any and all LWD products and community efforts!
Fenris447 is offline   #4 Reply With Quote