Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Feature Requests

Notices

Naleax

Old February 24th, 2017, 03:21 PM
Since images in Player View have several different options to resize, zoom and drag would it be possible to have a button to rotate, or flip on the image menu bar?
Naleax is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Merion

Old February 26th, 2017, 11:24 PM
I'm curious - what would you use that for? Some kind of puzzles?

I mainly use pictures for NPCs, Monsters and Environments and naturally rotate them accordingly before importing them into RW.
Merion is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Naleax

Old February 27th, 2017, 06:22 AM
I do the same Merion.

I use a LCD TV to present information in Player View. These can be NPC pictures, monster pictures, player handouts. For those, player view works great, but the ones that I would like to rotate are player handouts with text in them and reference maps with text. If one of the players sitting to the side of the LCD screen wants to read the text he has to get up and stand behind the other players or trade seats while he studies the map or reads the text.

As a work around i use the built in windows picture viewer which allows me to rotate the picture if one of the players at the side of the table requests it, but in those cases i have to then break out of realm works, search for the map, bring it up in picture viewer, and then rotate it.

It would be very handy to be able to rotate the picture in player view for the players sitting at the sides of the table if they request it.
Naleax is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Zaphod Beebledoc

Old February 27th, 2017, 12:11 PM
What about using Ctrl-Alt-Arrow keys to re-orientate the screen?

Sleet was enjoying a tasty beverage at his local tavern, when a Tarrasque showed up in the local area. He managed to valiantly get on it's back and ride it. How he did it is a mystery to this day...

RW: Engine Heart, I Love The Corps! Home Brew: Star Gate: Avalon, Monda Minutia. I'm good with: OpenOffice, Paint, Lego Digital Designer. & not so good with: Realm Works, Hero Lab, CC3+, GIMP, Cityographer, Hexographer, Fractal Mapper, AstroSynth, Inspiration Pad Pro. RW Kickstarter Supporter.

Last edited by Zaphod Beebledoc; February 27th, 2017 at 12:14 PM.
Zaphod Beebledoc is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Naleax

Old February 27th, 2017, 12:48 PM
That's a great temporary work around. But that rotates the entire screen. I'll have to experiment with it when i get home tonight and see how it works with a second screen.
Naleax is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
daplunk

Old February 27th, 2017, 12:52 PM
You can get software that allows you to control this in different ways. I had one that had an icon in the system tray that i could rotate any monitor from.

Realm Works - Community Links
Realm Work and Hero Lab Videos
Ream Works Facebook User Group
CC3+ Facebook User Group

D&D 5e Community Pack - Contributor
General Hero Lab Support & Community Resources
D&D 5e Community Pack - Install Instructions / D&D 5e Community Pack - Log Fault / D&D 5e Community Pack - Editor Knowledge Base

Obsidian
Obsidian TTRPG Tutorials
daplunk is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
Zaphod Beebledoc

Old February 27th, 2017, 01:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Naleax View Post
That's a great temporary work around. But that rotates the entire screen. I'll have to experiment with it when i get home tonight and see how it works with a second screen.
Ah, I didn't realise that...

Sleet was enjoying a tasty beverage at his local tavern, when a Tarrasque showed up in the local area. He managed to valiantly get on it's back and ride it. How he did it is a mystery to this day...

RW: Engine Heart, I Love The Corps! Home Brew: Star Gate: Avalon, Monda Minutia. I'm good with: OpenOffice, Paint, Lego Digital Designer. & not so good with: Realm Works, Hero Lab, CC3+, GIMP, Cityographer, Hexographer, Fractal Mapper, AstroSynth, Inspiration Pad Pro. RW Kickstarter Supporter.
Zaphod Beebledoc is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
daplunk

Old February 27th, 2017, 01:49 PM
It works on a second scree. You just put your cursor in that screen when you do it. I dont know how it would handle heaps of changes though.

Realm Works - Community Links
Realm Work and Hero Lab Videos
Ream Works Facebook User Group
CC3+ Facebook User Group

D&D 5e Community Pack - Contributor
General Hero Lab Support & Community Resources
D&D 5e Community Pack - Install Instructions / D&D 5e Community Pack - Log Fault / D&D 5e Community Pack - Editor Knowledge Base

Obsidian
Obsidian TTRPG Tutorials
daplunk is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
Naleax

Old March 23rd, 2017, 10:13 AM
Sorry for the late response. I took a month long break and this fell off the radar. I did manage to test this. Using a CTRL-ALT-ARROW keys causes my images in player view to stretch to the size of my second screen which is the LCD TV. This does not work well as then i have to go to player view on my laptop and close each image. It doesn't stretch the image, but it does resize the image window which is stretched to the resolution of the LCD TV. I then cannot interact with the image except to close it or hit the resize buttons on the image menu.

I still would like to see this considered as a feature request. But, as everyone uses Realm Works differently i don't know how useful it would be to others.

Naleax
Naleax is offline   #9 Reply With Quote