Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - D&D 5th Edition SRD

Notices

Mergon

Old October 30th, 2019, 05:02 PM
I would usually use different tags associated with the new Source. That way anyone still usign UA material doesn't lose characters.

Personally, I am not happy with how I implemented some things (like the Turrent and the Iron Defender). Unfortunately I am just not up to the level of creativeness I once was . . .

Watch your back, Conserve your ammo,
and NEVER cut a deal with a dragon!
Mergon is offline   #11 Reply With Quote
Fenris447

Old November 19th, 2019, 07:55 AM
The book is out and the results are in:
  • The artificer does get cantrips at level 1
  • When multiclassing, you take half your Artificer levels and round UP to determine spell slots, unlike the other half casters that round down

Without programming changes on LWD's side, we will not be able to fully support every official class in 5th Edition. Help me, LWD-Kenobi. You're my only hope.

Found an issue with or have a suggestion for the 5e Community Pack? Please post it here at our GitHub.

Feel free to stop by the Lone Wolf Development Subreddit, for discussion of any and all LWD products and community efforts!
Fenris447 is offline   #12 Reply With Quote
Mergon

Old November 19th, 2019, 08:13 AM
As I posted in your Git posting Fenris, I am thoughly disgusted with the new book and the fact they are FORCING the changed races on those of us who pruchased WGtE.

I will be doing no further work on the WGtE or to the new piece of garbage. I suggest the removal of both the WGtE and the UA Artificer {the WGtE can never go live due to hard coding issues anyways)

The odds, at this time, is I will be leaving D&D and reverting back to Pathfinder (not PFF2 since that is simply Pathfinder going the way of 4E which is the road to failure).

The Pathfinder community is far more active than the 5E community anyways.

Fenris and DungeonGuru, its been great working with you and I wish you luck in the 5E Community Pack endevours if you choose to continue. If I do any further 5E work, it will be for my personal use only (and perhaps for those few who appreciate the work).

Darrell Lalonde

Mergon is offline   #13 Reply With Quote
Fenris447

Old November 19th, 2019, 08:43 AM
I'm sorry to hear that. I can't say I share your opinion of the book. Some races and such got a bit more boring from the UA, but overall I don't see anything egregious.

I'm sorry to see you go. You were one of the few people regularly keeping up with releases. Please come back if you reconsider.

Found an issue with or have a suggestion for the 5e Community Pack? Please post it here at our GitHub.

Feel free to stop by the Lone Wolf Development Subreddit, for discussion of any and all LWD products and community efforts!
Fenris447 is offline   #14 Reply With Quote
Mergon

Old November 19th, 2019, 08:45 AM
WGtE was not UA. I'd have to look it up to be certain, but I am pretty sure that the new Warforged is a reversion to the one found in the original UA Eberron article.

Mergon is offline   #15 Reply With Quote
dungeonguru

Old November 19th, 2019, 09:32 AM
Sorry to see you dropping out Mergon, seems like us 5e HLC users get burned out pretty quick. It would help if LW would have offered to incorporate the community files into an official product like Fantasy Grounds has done and work with us community guys a bit closer to get new materials or a better paid version available.

WGtE was a PDF offering on dmsguild.com as part of a crossover between the UA and Adept's Guild I think. Hence, it was always a "work in progress" and not the final book. I don't like how WotC abuses dmsguild for some of their UA playtesting like that, but other companies (Kobold Press comes to mind) do the same cash grab. I love Deep Magic, but hate its evolution so far and the endless kickstarter/small pdf cash grab.

For reasonable prices though on solid products, and if you want to get better wizard options, DMsguild has the following three PDFs I would consider a necessary purchase:

Mordenkainen's Lost Notebook
Xanathar's Lost Notes to Everything Else
The Lost Tome

Last edited by dungeonguru; November 19th, 2019 at 09:33 AM. Reason: spelling Xanathar is hard work
dungeonguru is offline   #16 Reply With Quote
Mergon

Old November 20th, 2019, 05:31 PM
I'd be much happier if HL could get a proper 5E license . . .

Mergon is offline   #17 Reply With Quote