Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Feature Requests
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Gord

Old February 17th, 2014, 03:58 PM
I'd have to agree. My muscle memory is so strong that I'm always finding myself scrolling with the wheel and then of course getting frustrated when nothing happens. It's much more efficient.
Gord is offline   #11 Reply With Quote
Joe
Lone Wolf Staff

Old February 18th, 2014, 11:11 AM
We're definitely working on this. Trust me, the dev team are all power user types too, so it is frustrating to us too!

I believe we're rolling out the fix for this in two phases:

Phase 1 is to fix locations which don't allow mouse wheel scroll even if you focus (e.g. click in) a control. These fixes should be part of 1.0.

Phase 2 will require a little more engineering work because the control library we're using doesn't implement mouse wheel scroll consistently across all the controls we use. We'd like to make it so that you don't have to first click a control to focus it to get it to start scrolling with the wheel. This will be in a post 1.0 patch at some point in the future.

Hope this helps!
Joe is offline   #12 Reply With Quote
Grey Mage

Old February 18th, 2014, 11:34 AM
Definitely appreciate this information...

Especially the manner in which it was presented.

'This' is what we are working on now, 'this' is what we expect a little bit further down the road... I realize that part of the closeness with which information has been held by the development team is natural to the process of software development and that it is partly in response to overexpectations from the client (us) but it was still nice to get a bit more of the larger picture.

Thanks
Grey Mage is offline   #13 Reply With Quote
davidp
Lone Wolf Staff

Old February 18th, 2014, 12:20 PM
Also, we did make some changes in the mouse wheel scrolling in the latest build, 145. It may not be perfect yet, but it should be an improvement over previous builds.
davidp is offline   #14 Reply With Quote
Gord

Old February 19th, 2014, 08:32 AM
Thanks for the update. Good news indeed. I hadn't notice anything new in .145 but that's only because I haven't been able to open it due to the dread "too many realm starting point error"
Gord is offline   #15 Reply With Quote
Bidmaron

Old February 19th, 2014, 07:10 PM
OK, now you've done it! The release will now be delayed until 'late 2014' due to the requirement to add perfect mouse wheel support.

All kidding aside, just get it done without mouse wheel support, please.
Bidmaron is offline   #16 Reply With Quote
DMG

Old April 23rd, 2014, 07:59 PM
I noticed this last night when I tried scrolling down to the bottom of a smart image map.

I also caught myself trying to use the forward / back mouse buttons to navigate between topics.
DMG is offline   #17 Reply With Quote
weogarth

Old April 27th, 2014, 06:25 PM
Thanks for adding this in in whatever shape goes in first and then refining it when you can get that library to play nice.

This has been a major source of frustration for me.

As was pointed out, Joe's presentation of this was top-notch. Wholly appreciated and I hope I never take it for granted.
weogarth is offline   #18 Reply With Quote
MadTruman

Old December 2nd, 2015, 02:28 AM
I reactivated my forum account just to pop in and +1 the frustration on this topic, hoping mouse wheel scrolling can be improved in Realm Works.
MadTruman is offline   #19 Reply With Quote