Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Mutants & Masterminds

Notices

SeeleyOne

Old June 18th, 2012, 09:01 PM
Is there a way to increase the PP value of Abilities? There is some discussion in my group about doubling the cost of Abilities. Some people might want to only tweak the cost of particular Abilities, but I would be happy to just double the cost with a single click in the Configure Hero tab.
SeeleyOne is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
SeeleyOne

Old July 1st, 2012, 04:20 PM
I am pretty sure the equation it looks at is based on pptAbility. I want to double it for a particular game if possible. I am thinking that it would have to be applied universally, so no source tag if in a User file. There are two ways to do this if you still want to be able to play a "normal" game. One is to remove the user file from the folder that Hero Lab looks in. The other is to duplicate the game system, and use the duplicated system for a custom campaign setting.
SeeleyOne is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Colen
Lone Wolf Staff

Old July 17th, 2012, 12:54 PM
If you want to change the cost of an ability, you can either copy and create a new version of it in the editor, or add a custom extra / flaw to the ability to change its cost within Hero Lab.
Colen is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
SeeleyOne

Old July 17th, 2012, 07:45 PM
Thanks for the reply. Yeah, I can do that with powers, skills, advantages, etc, but that particular editor does not have the attributes, which are called abilities in M&M. I want to be able to make the attributes cost double in some games.
SeeleyOne is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Colen
Lone Wolf Staff

Old July 26th, 2012, 05:30 PM
Ah, I didn't realize you meant actual ability scores. Right now the best way would be to add a or subtract bonus points to the hero's total, or maybe add them as an advancement; I'll put this on our to-do list to allow better.
Colen is offline   #5 Reply With Quote