Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Kakita Yurasagi

Old March 5th, 2018, 11:19 PM
I would like to create a version of the Greater Hat of Disguise that properly implements the Polymorph Gizmo. I know I can just use the Alter Self Spell Adjustment, however I would prefer to have the item perform the effect.

In my attempts so far the best thing I have tried is using eval scripts to "call Pha1AltSel". However that creates a never-ending series of precipitating timing errors. Any time the portfolio performs any calculation at all there is an error message.

It seems that the timing for "call Pha1AltSel" & the subsequent scripts is in the "First" phase (because of 3 Polymorph Phases), while Items equipped to the Hero are resolved in the "Final" phase.

Is there a way to create a wonderous item (head slot & equipable) that utilizes the Polymorph Gizmo without causing any errors?

-Thank you.
Kakita Yurasagi is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Minous

Old March 6th, 2018, 04:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kakita Yurasagi View Post
I would like to create a version of the Greater Hat of Disguise that properly implements the Polymorph Gizmo. I know I can just use the Alter Self Spell Adjustment, however I would prefer to have the item perform the effect.

In my attempts so far the best thing I have tried is using eval scripts to "call Pha1AltSel". However that creates a never-ending series of precipitating timing errors. Any time the portfolio performs any calculation at all there is an error message.

It seems that the timing for "call Pha1AltSel" & the subsequent scripts is in the "First" phase (because of 3 Polymorph Phases), while Items equipped to the Hero are resolved in the "Final" phase.

Is there a way to create a wonderous item (head slot & equipable) that utilizes the Polymorph Gizmo without causing any errors?

-Thank you.
Why not look at how the adjustment makes the change and copy that into the item?
Minous is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old March 6th, 2018, 06:54 AM
Do you have Ultimate Equipment? Check an item called the Hunter's Cloak. That's got a polymorph effect implemented.

It may be as simple as adding in the empty script at GlobalTest/100 that's on that item, in order to trigger a very early evaluation of the magic item's live state.
Mathias is online now   #3 Reply With Quote
Kakita Yurasagi

Old March 7th, 2018, 01:05 AM
Thank you immensely! You sir are a scholar & a gentleman! This simple fix provided the solution immediately & perfectly! The fruits of this labour shall be greatly enjoyed by my gaming group for much time to come.
Kakita Yurasagi is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Kakita Yurasagi

Old March 7th, 2018, 01:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minous View Post
Why not look at how the adjustment makes the change and copy that into the item?
Thank you for the suggestion, however the adjustment itself occurs in an earlier timing phase than magic items are tested for their live states. Therefore this creates an error wherein the object is attempting to perform a function before the live state & thus causes a feedback loop of sorts.
This was what i had previously attempted. However Mr. Mathias solved my problem succinctly.
Kakita Yurasagi is offline   #5 Reply With Quote