Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Feature Requests
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

daplunk

Old April 21st, 2016, 06:39 AM
Hi Team,

Probably raised before however:
  • Link should recognize multiples of things. Example (Orc and Orcs)
  • Link should recognize things in brackets. Example (Orc)

This would be nice.
daplunk is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
JustinThomason

Old April 21st, 2016, 07:10 AM
Both of these have come up on the boards before. Building a parsing engine that could recognize plurals is crazy difficult for English where there are lots of irregular constructions (oxen anyone?) and it would be virtually impossible to implement for all possible languages Realm Works might be used for.

The best work around is to add an alias with the plural form for topics where this is an issue.

As for the second, this is a known bug that (I believe) was a consequence of the move to HTML. I am sure Lone Wolf is working on a fix, but the current work around is to add spaces to either side of the bracketed content - e.g. ( Orc )
JustinThomason is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
ich.pdf

Old April 21st, 2016, 07:30 AM
This is a little off topic but since the original question is answered and it fits the caption:

A "Search for new linkable content" option would be great. I am trying to always Quick create whatever topic might be needed in the future. However, it would be nice if there was an option that allows to search all existing topics for references of topics. RW is recognizing new linkable content once a topic is saved again, so I guess this should not be hard to implement (if it's not there already )
ich.pdf is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
AEIOU

Old April 21st, 2016, 09:13 AM
@JustinThomason answered the OP questions nicely.

@ich.pdf this was something Rob said would eventually be implemented. It's on their to-do list but it's not a top priority at this time.

Once the Marketplace becomes active, scanning all topics for new links will either become a must-have as people merge bought content with their own work or something that will never be used as people buy content and don't need to create much of their own. Two totally different markets with very different priorities. We'll have to see where priorities fall with the next survey coming later this year(ish).
AEIOU is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
daplunk

Old April 21st, 2016, 01:22 PM
Thanks for the answers. I suspected from a coding perspective it would be difficult. To make an alias are you referring to making a second name? I've done this a few times but noticed it's bulking up my list of entries given it replicates itself again. I've turned the visibility of these off of course.
daplunk is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
JustinThomason

Old April 21st, 2016, 02:15 PM
Yes. I keep forgetting that Aliases became Manage Names.
JustinThomason is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
AEIOU

Old April 21st, 2016, 03:30 PM
I wish the default for adding new names via Manage Names was "not visible" but being able to add them is a godsend.

All of my creature entries have 2 names with some having more and all but the standard one invisible.
AEIOU is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
Greebo

Old April 21st, 2016, 10:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AEIOU View Post
I wish the default for adding new names via Manage Names was "not visible" but being able to add them is a godsend.

All of my creature entries have 2 names with some having more and all but the standard one invisible.
+1

Same here, even though it is only vaguely related to the original question.
Greebo is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
MNBlockHead

Old April 22nd, 2016, 08:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AEIOU View Post

Yes! This is especially an issue with Quick Create (CNTRL+Q). When I'm editing a topic, it is easy to open the manage names dialog, but with Quick Create the idea is to create a stub or placeholder to go back to later.

RW Project: Dungeons & Dragons 5th edition homebrew world
Other Tools: CampaignCartographer, Cityographer, Dungeonographer, Evernote
MNBlockHead is offline   #9 Reply With Quote