Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

styphon

Old March 11th, 2017, 12:20 PM
First of all let me say thank you for your work on this, Spheres of Power is amazing but having it in Hero Lab was an amazing surprise. Thank you.

I think I may have encountered a bug with an Armourist. At level 4 I have a +1 bound katana. For my fourth level Arsenal Trick I took Improved Equipment, allowing me to increase it to a +2. The max limit on items at level 4 is +1, but I should be able to exchange the +1 for a special quality, in this case the Keen ability. So in Hero Lab I added the Arsenal Trick and then made my weapon a +1 keen magic item. But I get a validation warning
Quote:
Bound Weapon: Katana has a total enhancement value of +2, max is +1
I believe this is an error as the max enhancement bonus shouldn't apply to the total enhancement value, but the maximum base value only. I've attached my portfolio should you need to examine it.
Attached Files
File Type: email Ishikawa Rei - Lvl 4.por (85.6 KB, 1 views)

Last edited by styphon; March 11th, 2017 at 02:48 PM.
styphon is offline   #281 Reply With Quote
TheIronGolem

Old March 11th, 2017, 08:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by styphon View Post
First of all let me say thank you for your work on this, Spheres of Power is amazing but having it in Hero Lab was an amazing surprise. Thank you.

I think I may have encountered a bug with an Armourist. At level 4 I have a +1 bound katana. For my fourth level Arsenal Trick I took Improved Equipment, allowing me to increase it to a +2. The max limit on items at level 4 is +1, but I should be able to exchange the +1 for a special quality, in this case the Keen ability. So in Hero Lab I added the Arsenal Trick and then made my weapon a +1 keen magic item. But I get a validation warning

I believe this is an error as the max enhancement bonus shouldn't apply to the total enhancement value, but the maximum base value only. I've attached my portfolio should you need to examine it.
Good catch! As you may know, the package didn't have the Bound/Summoned Equipment tab at first; I added that much later. When I did so, I forgot about the Improved Equipment ability so I did not account for its effect. I have rectified that; Improved Equipment now lets you pick the item it applies to and marks it as having a +1 higher total enhancement allowance. This will be in the next update.
TheIronGolem is offline   #282 Reply With Quote
EldritchWeaver

Old March 12th, 2017, 05:00 AM
I've noticed a validation warning regarding a stave, where HL complains that I haven't chosen a base sphere. But I don't see anything wrong with my creation.

Also I tested the roll20.net HL import with a SoP character. I didn't went through everything in detail, but I did notice that a lot of SoP related entries had been assigned the category "racial trait". That means that my destructive blast isn't directly usable. Can you please check what might be still missing here?
EldritchWeaver is offline   #283 Reply With Quote
TheIronGolem

Old March 12th, 2017, 09:32 AM
Hmm. I don't see any tags on sphere abilities that mark them as racial traits. I'm not very familiar with Roll20, but I would hazard a guess that their import tool is defaulting to that assumption because it doesn't recognize my custom components? How does it handle other custom stuff like Path of War?

As for staves, they're fixed in my current build. Hoping to finally get 1.17 out by tonight.
TheIronGolem is offline   #284 Reply With Quote
EldritchWeaver

Old March 12th, 2017, 01:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheIronGolem View Post
Hmm. I don't see any tags on sphere abilities that mark them as racial traits. I'm not very familiar with Roll20, but I would hazard a guess that their import tool is defaulting to that assumption because it doesn't recognize my custom components? How does it handle other custom stuff like Path of War?
Did you ever try creating PDF character sheets? They state "unknown" so your theory is likely correct. Regarding PoW, the maneuvers seems to have been swallowed by the import. Otherwise it looks fine.
EldritchWeaver is offline   #285 Reply With Quote
TheIronGolem

Old March 12th, 2017, 07:10 PM
1.17 is now live, patch notes on 1st page. Divination users in particular should pay attention to the change in the way alternate divinations are added.
TheIronGolem is offline   #286 Reply With Quote
Roadie

Old March 17th, 2017, 07:37 PM
I've run into what seems like a bug. On a new character, the Shifter class isn't automatically adding the Alteration sphere.
Roadie is offline   #287 Reply With Quote
Ualaa

Old March 17th, 2017, 08:06 PM
None of the classes that automatically get 'x' free spheres add them.

However, they all get the correct number of bonus/extra magical talents.
If you use that talent to 'buy' the correct sphere that should be granted, it all works out correctly.

In a previous build, the classes received those spheres for free.
But in a later build this was changed.
Basically, lets say you're an Incanter first, and then you switch to being a Shifter.
If you already had the Alteration Sphere, getting it free as the Shifter causes issues.
But getting a bonus sphere, which is supposed to be Alteration (if you don't have it) or a talent within Alteration (if you already have Alteration) does work.
Ualaa is offline   #288 Reply With Quote
TheIronGolem

Old March 17th, 2017, 08:13 PM
Ualaa beat me to it. Bonus spheres used to be bootstrapped by classes that granted them, but I had to change the way it works a few updates back. Now they add one to your talent count but also add one to the number of talents in that sphere that you're "required" to have (or else the Magic Talents tab throws a validation error).

I know that's not as convenient, but under the old way it didn't work when you added such a class level to a character who already had the sphere (per DDS that's supposed to grant you an extra talent in the sphere, even if it doesn't explicitly say so).
TheIronGolem is offline   #289 Reply With Quote
TheIronGolem

Old March 24th, 2017, 10:35 PM
1.18 update is live, along with a 1.1 patch for the Destroyer's Handbook. These are for compatibility with the Diviner's Handbook, which is complete and should be available soon.
TheIronGolem is offline   #290 Reply With Quote