Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old October 26th, 2010, 02:46 PM
Now that I have tables for spell and conferred ability adjustments, I'd appreciate help from the community entering those into Hero Lab.

I added this thread to help users coordinate their efforts, so that 5 people don't turn in the Bless spell within a few days of each other.

I'd recommend telling people what you intend to work on, so that we don't get two people working on the same things at the same time. I'd also recommend not biting off more than you know you can chew - saying you'll add every core rulebook spell from A-M this weekend is just asking for real life to get in the way of your plans. Just go for a letter or two of the alphabet at a time. More advanced users may wish to start in the middle of the alphabet, or in a book other than the Core Rulebook, and less experienced users in the first half of the Core Rulebook's spells - just a thought for organizing the work.

Categories of spells I'm looking for:
For now, I'm going to leave [Polymorph] subschool spells off the list - I have plans to add the capability for a spell to select a race, then figure out what abilities and stat adjustments it should make, based on that, but that's a very large project, and I'm afraid I won't be able to schedule enough time to implement that in the near future. In the meantime, I'm afraid polymorph spell adjustments would need to be for a specific spell and a specific race - and that's a huge list of spells. So, feel free to enter those specific race spell adjustments and share them with others, but I won't be incorporating them into HL.

If a spell has multiple versions - greater/lesser/mass for example, or person/animal/monster, there's no need for multiple adjustments that have identical effects.

If a spell imposes a condition - for example, the Cause Fear spell imposes either the frightened or shaken conditions, those are already available on the status tab, and we don't need a separate spell for that.

I'm calling Resist Energy, Protection from Energy, and Magic Weapon/Fang - I'll handle those, and I'm sorry I didn't have the time to add them before this update went out.

I'd also appreciate conferred abilities - if a class, or a race, or something else has an ability that affects those around it, but isn't a spell, adding those would be great, too.

Last edited by Mathias; November 8th, 2010 at 08:49 AM.
Mathias is online now   #1 Reply With Quote