Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - D&D 5th Edition SRD

Notices

jjashley

Old March 11th, 2018, 01:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjashley View Post
ok so this can be fixed in a couple of ways, since you grant temp hit points to up to 5 others you can remove the eval script from Celestial Resilience and add an adjustment for Celestial Resilience that looks like this:

Post-Attributes 15000

~ If we're not enabled, get out now
doneif (field[pIsOn].value = 0)

herofield[tTempHP].value += #attrmod[aCHA] + #levelcount[Warlock]

or if you don't care about anybody else being able to do the math automatically you can change the eval script on Celestial Resilience to:

Post-Attributes 15000

Though the 2nd one should probably include a level requirement of 10 or greater and I should know how to put that in but haven't figured it out yet.
ok I got it to work at level 10 and greater only using this script. I think I would still do an adjustment so that the other players can just click a box, or you can have them manually adjust their temporary hit points.

Post Attributes 15000

if (#levelcount[Warlock] >= 10) then
endif
jjashley is offline   #31 Reply With Quote
dungeonguru

Old March 11th, 2018, 02:38 PM
It's good code, but I think we'll wind up going with adding an independant temporary hp pool with the min/max hp granted set statically to level count plus CHA mod.

Since all class special abilities are added with a field: xTotalLev, it's slightly better to use it just in case you wanted to just let another class have the same ability (like Channel Divinity) rather than #levelcount[].

So, I'll probably build a temp hp pool called thp5CCelRa or call a copy of the existing Dark One's Blessing pool and overwrite the livename and then in a script post-attribute (15000) do the following:

Code:
doneif (tagis[Helper.Disable] <> 0)
doneif (field[xTotalLev].value <= 10)

var BonusHP as number
BonusHP = #attrmod[aCHA] + field[xTotalLev].value

hero.childfound[thp5CCelRa].field[thpMinAllw].value = BonusHP
hero.childfound[thp5CCelRa].field[thpMaxAllw].value = BonusHP
It requires the person to activate the pool when it's on, but at least it makes clear what type of hit points are available.

I can throw the same code into an adjustment if people want to add it to another character and have something less generic than a generic temporary hit points pool.
dungeonguru is offline   #32 Reply With Quote
jjashley

Old March 11th, 2018, 04:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dungeonguru View Post
It's good code, but I think we'll wind up going with adding an independant temporary hp pool with the min/max hp granted set statically to level count plus CHA mod.

Since all class special abilities are added with a field: xTotalLev, it's slightly better to use it just in case you wanted to just let another class have the same ability (like Channel Divinity) rather than #levelcount[].

So, I'll probably build a temp hp pool called thp5CCelRa or call a copy of the existing Dark One's Blessing pool and overwrite the livename and then in a script post-attribute (15000) do the following:

Code:
doneif (tagis[Helper.Disable] <> 0)
doneif (field[xTotalLev].value <= 10)

var BonusHP as number
BonusHP = #attrmod[aCHA] + field[xTotalLev].value

hero.childfound[thp5CCelRa].field[thpMinAllw].value = BonusHP
hero.childfound[thp5CCelRa].field[thpMaxAllw].value = BonusHP
It requires the person to activate the pool when it's on, but at least it makes clear what type of hit points are available.

I can throw the same code into an adjustment if people want to add it to another character and have something less generic than a generic temporary hit points pool.
Problem is BonusHP aren't temp hit points, they get added to the total hit point count as bonus hit points. That's where the tTempHP comes in and shows as temp hit points and they are subtracted before your hit points are, the only thing I wonder and have to ask. Is xTotalLev the total levels for the character because in this case it is only looking at the warlock level.

I read thru your snippet of code to fast, and see you set BonusHP as a variable. Wouldn't multi-classing then affect the xTotalLev when the calculation should only be looking at the Warlock levels? Just want to make sure I understand the difference between xTotalLev and #Levelcount.

J

Last edited by jjashley; March 11th, 2018 at 04:16 PM.
jjashley is offline   #33 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old March 11th, 2018, 04:10 PM
Quote:
xTotalLev when the calculation should only be looking at the Warlock levels? Just want to make sure I understand the difference between xTotalLev and #Levelcount.
xTotalLev is the total level of the Pick you are bootstrapped to and any "effective level + bonus levels" this specific Pick has. It is not "hero total level".

If you are Warlock 5/Fighter 10 and this ability is bootstrapped to the Warlock xTotalLev is 5. If bootstrapped to Fighter xTotalLev is 10.

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #34 Reply With Quote
jjashley

Old March 11th, 2018, 05:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowChemosh View Post
xTotalLev is the total level of the Pick you are bootstrapped to and any "effective level + bonus levels" this specific Pick has. It is not "hero total level".

If you are Warlock 5/Fighter 10 and this ability is bootstrapped to the Warlock xTotalLev is 5. If bootstrapped to Fighter xTotalLev is 10.
Thanks to both of you, for the script and the explanation.

J
jjashley is offline   #35 Reply With Quote
TheMightyJerd

Old June 6th, 2018, 01:08 PM
Quote:
Thanks to both of you, for the script and the explanation.

J
So what do those of us that use Hero Lab on the iPad do about this? Any thoughts?

As far as I know there is no way to script the fix.
TheMightyJerd is offline   #36 Reply With Quote
dungeonguru

Old June 7th, 2018, 06:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMightyJerd View Post
So what do those of us that use Hero Lab on the iPad do about this? Any thoughts?

As far as I know there is no way to script the fix.
There are ways, but it requires you to know how to transfer files over to your iPad to overwrite what is there if you have a PC that can do that.

The fix discussed is in the pending changes to be pushed, but I'm not sure when the community is going to get the next patch finalized as I've not been able to help out much this time. I know that right now the base information for all the monsters in Mordenkainen's has been entered but we're still looking for anyone willing to help put the special abilities and some of the attacks in. I don't know how much scripting is required but most of these will be mechanics only text entry.

Anyone interested in helping, please speak up. Daplunk hosts the github but I check in to help with scripts on occasion.
dungeonguru is offline   #37 Reply With Quote
daplunk

Old June 7th, 2018, 03:40 PM
Yup looking for as many volunteers as possible. I'm throwing as much time as I can at it but I have a lot going on and most things have deadlines where this does not.

Realm Works - Community Links
Realm Work and Hero Lab Videos
Ream Works Facebook User Group
CC3+ Facebook User Group

D&D 5e Community Pack - Contributor
General Hero Lab Support & Community Resources
D&D 5e Community Pack - Install Instructions / D&D 5e Community Pack - Log Fault / D&D 5e Community Pack - Editor Knowledge Base

Obsidian
Obsidian TTRPG Tutorials
daplunk is offline   #38 Reply With Quote
Mergon

Old June 8th, 2018, 10:02 AM
- Subraces are all in
- new & modified deities are in

- Yet to do, Demonic Boons

- my stuff needs to be tested.

Watch your back, Conserve your ammo,
and NEVER cut a deal with a dragon!
Mergon is offline   #39 Reply With Quote
Promiitheus

Old July 14th, 2018, 03:49 PM
Just wondering, is Xanathar's guide not included in the demo?
Promiitheus is offline   #40 Reply With Quote