Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Notices

Fuzzy

Old January 20th, 2015, 12:38 AM
I actually did use it for some level of campaign notation - just one journal entry per game-session. Included the in-game date, the real world date, a pithy name for the entry, a description of the key events that took place that session, and the xp and money that changed that session. It was okay, certainly didn't do anything unexpected.
Fuzzy is offline   #11 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old January 20th, 2015, 10:56 AM
Yea I used it for journal keeping at first. But found it was easier to just switch to Evernote on the iPad instead. I even keep the party treasure initially in evernote also. Just easier and allows for highlighting and bold and basic fonts.

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #12 Reply With Quote
ct%

Old March 1st, 2015, 02:06 PM
I think it would be simple and rather cool to have some generic treasure like gems and items added into the gear menu at a verity of preset increments. I know I can make custom treasure, but it should be simple to have some standby treasure to use.

Also, it would be nice if the "fetch all gear" option in the dashboard also grabbed the money from the player.
ct% is offline   #13 Reply With Quote
Fuzzy

Old March 3rd, 2015, 03:52 PM
Simple valuables are easy enough to add in the editor. If you've got a good list of them, you could likely knock them out pretty quick. The unfortunate thing is, I don't think there is a specific list of gems and such, and no two gems are necessarily the same value.
Fuzzy is offline   #14 Reply With Quote
Fuzzy

Old March 3rd, 2015, 03:52 PM
There are a lot of other trade goods that do have a base price that aren't in there, like ingots of mithral, for instance.
Fuzzy is offline   #15 Reply With Quote
direinsomniac

Old March 3rd, 2015, 05:55 PM
One issue I noticed, and this has to do more with money transactions than the journal, but when you go to purchase a magic item or scroll, and have to go back and edit its properties, to a lower extent, the difference isn't added back to you overall money.

For instance, if I were to purchase a +2 longsword and later on decided to alter it to a +1 longsword, (so that I could afford another magic item) -- the price difference between the +2 and the +1 is not re-added to your wealth.
direinsomniac is offline   #16 Reply With Quote
Fuzzy

Old March 3rd, 2015, 10:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by direinsomniac View Post
One issue I noticed, and this has to do more with money transactions than the journal, but when you go to purchase a magic item or scroll, and have to go back and edit its properties, to a lower extent, the difference isn't added back to you overall money.

For instance, if I were to purchase a +2 longsword and later on decided to alter it to a +1 longsword, (so that I could afford another magic item) -- the price difference between the +2 and the +1 is not re-added to your wealth.
Yes, for this situation, you have to sell the old and buy the new.
Fuzzy is offline   #17 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh

Old March 4th, 2015, 10:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy View Post
Simple valuables are easy enough to add in the editor. If you've got a good list of them, you could likely knock them out pretty quick. The unfortunate thing is, I don't think there is a specific list of gems and such, and no two gems are necessarily the same value.
On the 'Gear' tab is a item called "- Custom Valuable -" (or something like that) that can be added to your character. It allows you to type in the "Name" and the gp cost. This will then even be shown on the WBL section of HL.

That is what I use for such stuff like gems, painting, wine, or other valuable misc items.

Hero Lab Resources:
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #18 Reply With Quote
Fuzzy

Old March 4th, 2015, 11:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowChemosh View Post
On the 'Gear' tab is a item called "- Custom Valuable -" (or something like that) that can be added to your character. It allows you to type in the "Name" and the gp cost. This will then even be shown on the WBL section of HL.

That is what I use for such stuff like gems, painting, wine, or other valuable misc items.
Yeah, the person who I was responded acknowledged that you can do it this way - I think he was suggesting that in addition to that, have a bunch of 'valuable' items like Emerald, Large; Ruby, Small; etc - so they could be chosen, instead of entered custom each time.
Fuzzy is offline   #19 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh

Old March 4th, 2015, 12:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy View Post
Yeah, the person who I was responded acknowledged that you can do it this way - I think he was suggesting that in addition to that, have a bunch of 'valuable' items like Emerald, Large; Ruby, Small; etc - so they could be chosen, instead of entered custom each time.
Reading Check *rolled natural 1*. Yea missed that.

I wonder if that would be useful to many others. I could maybe add something like that to the community Basic Pack. Hmmmmm

Hero Lab Resources:
ShadowChemosh is offline   #20 Reply With Quote