Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Online Forums > Hero Lab Online Discussion

Notices

Arkhayne

Old October 17th, 2018, 05:43 AM
Hi,

i apoligise if a thread exist with answers to those questions

i'm considering buying HL online i have HL classic and i really love the soft been using it a lot in the last few year

but before i make the buy i wanna be reassured on a bunch of points

i see license for pathfinder playtest / starfinder in the buy package will i have access to classic pathfinder stuff ?

do i have to re-buy all the package ( i bought a lot of them and the thought to buy them again is the main reason i have not yes bought HL online )

are the save and export format similar to HL classic ?
Arkhayne is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
charlieluce

Old October 17th, 2018, 02:33 PM
Right now Hero Lab Online is in a very early state of development, and a lot of the GM/Campaign support has not been implemented (including the ability to export/import characters) nor have the existing game systems from HL Classic been brought over to HLO.

Lone Wolf has said that eventually customers who own both versions will be able to duplicate their existing Hero Lab Classic purchases in HLO for a fixed fee of around $20, and any future purchases that are available for both platforms will apply to both platforms, but that's an indeterminate time in the future. For now, it's Starfinder and Pathfinder Playtest/2nd edition only.

Currently Running: Pathfinder Second Edition
Currently Playing:
Pathfinder First Edition, Star Trek Adventures
Former HL Games: D&D 4e & 5e, Mutants & Masterminds 2E & 3E, Savage Worlds
charlieluce is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
numbat1

Old October 17th, 2018, 02:51 PM
Arkhayne,
HLO, as stated by charlieluce, is currently only for Starfinder and Playtest. If you are interested in either or both of those systems then your characters will be available on any device where you have browser/internet access. If you wish to print you can, you can also generate stat blocks in various formats. I do this for Play by Post (forum) whenever needed. Access to characters off-line and ability to share them are on the roadmap but no timeframe is yet available. As already stated, the GM tools are also on the roadmap as well as other features.

If you are only interested in the systems currently available on HLC then stick with that for now. You can set up an account to link your classic licences to, though there is no immediate need to do so that I am aware of. I did it as I already have Realmworks and HLO and it provided one place where everything is linked.

Eventually, starting with Pathfinder, we will be able to pay a small fee, predicted to be about $20, to port all our HLC material to HLO and have it available in both systems. This will not happen until Lone Wolf is comfortable with the development and stability of HLO.

I hope that information helps. Please feel free to ask more questions if you have them.
numbat1 is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
thaX

Old October 20th, 2018, 10:53 PM
There is a fee attached to porting over the license for HLC to HLO now?

When did that get revealed?
thaX is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old October 21st, 2018, 12:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thaX View Post
There is a fee attached to porting over the license for HLC to HLO now?

When did that get revealed?
Well over a year or more ago. It was listed in the original FAQ LW put HERE.

Quote:
Q: I already own Hero Lab Classic. Will I have to repurchase all my content for Hero Lab Online?
A: Absolutely not! Once we bring the other game systems online, Classic users will have the option to migrate all their content over to Hero Lab Online. Migration will incur a nominal, flat charge, to set up your account with the appropriate content, which we anticipate will be less than $20 dollars. This amount will be the same, regardless of how many game systems and add-ons you own. It will also include 6 months of server access ($14.99 value) as a thank you for supporting us in the past.
99% of the talk on the forum has been about the $2 dollar monthly fee so the transfer fee was simply forgotten about.

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
EightBitz

Old October 21st, 2018, 02:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowChemosh View Post
Well over a year or more ago. It was listed in the original FAQ LW put HERE.

99% of the talk on the forum has been about the $2 dollar monthly fee so the transfer fee was simply forgotten about.
For most people, I don't think it was forgotten about so much as dismissed as a concern, because it's a nominal, one-time fee.
EightBitz is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
thaX

Old October 22nd, 2018, 09:03 PM
So, like, 5 bucks? Or more like a full license of 25 or 30 bucks?
thaX is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
Toblakai

Old October 22nd, 2018, 10:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thaX View Post
So, like, 5 bucks? Or more like a full license of 25 or 30 bucks?
Read the post 2 up from yours, it quotes it. Under 20 plus it includes 6 months of server access. So effectively about $5.00.
Toblakai is offline   #8 Reply With Quote