Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Online Forums > Hero Lab Online Discussion

Notices

thaX

Old September 25th, 2018, 09:29 PM
Is there going to be a "print" page that will organize the information into a character sheet at some point, or is the random info blocks the only way to get the character into print form?
thaX is offline   #11 Reply With Quote
wheredoigo

Old September 26th, 2018, 04:49 AM
In the upper right hand corner of the screen when you have a character open in a gear icon; click on this. In the menu which appears click on "Print". This will bring up a character sheet which you can print you your local or networked printer or to a PDF (if you have the capability to do so).
wheredoigo is offline   #12 Reply With Quote
thaX

Old September 26th, 2018, 04:20 PM
Yeah, that give us the block thingies and doesn't work well with Mozilla. I actually want an actual character sheet instead of blocked info that takes up 10 pages for maybe three pages of character info.
thaX is offline   #13 Reply With Quote
wheredoigo

Old September 26th, 2018, 04:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thaX View Post
Yeah, that give us the block thingies and doesn't work well with Mozilla. I actually want an actual character sheet instead of blocked info that takes up 10 pages for maybe three pages of character info.
That's a known issue that has nothing to do with HLO. It is an issue within Firefox that has been addressed on this forum a few times already. I have no problem printing character sheets in Chrome.
wheredoigo is offline   #14 Reply With Quote
thaX

Old September 27th, 2018, 08:55 AM
But that sheet is still using the blocks instead of a structured character sheet. Chrome just allows information to populate within bigger blocks, where Mozilla has to have every piece separate from the others.

There simply has to be a way to have a print out character in a sheet structure in much the same way as Classic, or better. Chrome is not a viable web browser as it cuts out much of the tools needed to use web sites proper, Java being in the forefront. Edge is so behind on things, it is silly.

Why use the print structure from the browser? Shouldn't one be able to print from a PDF make up or some other way to go beyond the silly web portals.
thaX is offline   #15 Reply With Quote
wheredoigo

Old September 27th, 2018, 11:40 AM
I see. Seems I misunderstood, thank you for the clarification. I don't have HLC, but I found this PF1 sample character sheet You are looking for something more like this or what the official character sheets look like? Just trying to get an idea of what it is you want.
wheredoigo is offline   #16 Reply With Quote
thaX

Old October 2nd, 2018, 07:27 AM
In theory, the new program should be able to print out a sheet, custom or one that emulates/is the sheet from the back of the book, that fills in the information from the character generator.

In practice, neither program has done this completely, though Classis has a better representation than the blocks for the printing in this newer (alpha) program.
thaX is offline   #17 Reply With Quote