Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Online Forums > Hero Lab Online Discussion

Notices

Nightbringer

Old September 29th, 2018, 05:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rob View Post
On this point, we may just have to agree to disagree. But allow me to ask a couple questions first. Do you intend to only ever use a desktop or laptop for your gaming from now into the indeterminate future?
I have a brand new iPad 6 whose sole function is Pathfinder.

Herolab for characters and I can carry my entire library of watermarked PDF's.

This is, in fact, my intentions into the foreseeable future.

The fact that content is being released more slowly for PF1, and much of the new content that has been released is incomplete, is something I find to be very concerning.
Nightbringer is offline   #91 Reply With Quote
Maidhc O Casain

Old September 30th, 2018, 04:51 AM
My understanding when I read the initial announcements about HLO was that to migrate HLC content there would be a one time flat-fee. The estimated cost was around $20, though I do understand that this has not been set in stone.

I recently read a post that presented a different understanding - that rather than a one time charge for all HLC content there would be a one time charge for each data package.

There is a more than significant difference between these two interpretations - a difference of potentially hundreds of dollars for those of us who've bought pretty much every data package released for PF1.

Could someone who has actual knowledge about this topic clarify for us? I'm not interested in opinions or guesswork from those who don't really know - I need the real, factual information.
Maidhc O Casain is offline   #92 Reply With Quote
Farling

Old September 30th, 2018, 04:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maidhc O Casain View Post
My understanding when I read the initial announcements about HLO was that to migrate HLC content there would be a one time flat-fee. The estimated cost was around $20, though I do understand that this has not been set in stone.

I recently read a post that presented a different understanding - that rather than a one time charge for all HLC content there would be a one time charge for each data package.

There is a more than significant difference between these two interpretations - a difference of potentially hundreds of dollars for those of us who've bought pretty much every data package released for PF1.

Could someone who has actual knowledge about this topic clarify for us? I'm not interested in opinions or guesswork from those who don't really know - I need the real, factual information.
Rone confirmed to us in this post, http://forums.wolflair.com/showpost....3&postcount=21

I've clarified my wording in my later post in that thread too.

Farling

Author of the Realm Works Import tool, Realm Works Output tool and Realm Works to Foundry module

Donations gratefully received via Patreon, Ko-Fi or Paypal

Last edited by Farling; September 30th, 2018 at 05:00 AM.
Farling is offline   #93 Reply With Quote
Maidhc O Casain

Old September 30th, 2018, 05:21 AM
Thanks, Farling. I thought I'd read it somewhere but couldn't find it...
Maidhc O Casain is offline   #94 Reply With Quote
Onansfist

Old November 2nd, 2018, 10:22 AM
This is my first post and so hopefully I'll be forgiven if this is off-topic or misplaced.

Currently our group of five has three instances of HCL Pathfinder. Two of us are sharing GMing duties and have invested a similar amount into it; I believe we're up around $80 or $90 each, while the third HCL user has only a basic (player) account. Characters are created in the accounts with more books, and then printed out and played the old fashioned way at the table. The GM runs the game using HCL from a laptop.

I'm assuming that any HLO account will only be able to play a character created on that account?

I'm sure that the question has been asked many times and I have looked for the answer but have not found it... At some point, did you consider an Android or Iphone app that would function solely as a playable character sheet which could open and use only a single por file at a time?
Onansfist is offline   #95 Reply With Quote
thaX

Old May 30th, 2019, 05:41 PM
I have suggested a reader type program, but I don't believe that characters are going to be able to be saved in that way. (no POR files) The alternative they are working on is an "offline" mode, where one can still look at the character where there is limited internet. I am not sure if the character needs to be opened online beforehand, but that may be one of the difficulties they are working on.
thaX is offline   #96 Reply With Quote
evdjj3j

Old May 31st, 2019, 02:56 PM
They’ve added the ability to create a PDF of the character sheet that is like the character sheet created in HLC.

HLO and HLC
32 GB iPad 5th Generation
evdjj3j is offline   #97 Reply With Quote
thaX

Old May 31st, 2019, 05:31 PM
I always preferred having a "hardcopy" myself. I was replying to the question of a "reader" type of thing, much like the Ipad program without the ability to level up. I think the Offline mode will be the reader for the most part, my only question is if one can open a character without having to go online. Offline mode would seem kinda pointless otherwise.
thaX is offline   #98 Reply With Quote
thistledown

Old June 5th, 2019, 03:18 PM
When are we going to get an in-system ledger? The transaction log in HLC was basic but sufficient, I'd like to see something similar in HLO.
thistledown is offline   #99 Reply With Quote
TheMaskedFerret

Old June 5th, 2019, 05:25 PM
Please put in a Feature Request to the Bug tracking system! They love that.
TheMaskedFerret is offline   #100 Reply With Quote