Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

kridak

Old March 12th, 2010, 09:56 AM
If so is there an example item of this...i cannot find one anywhere.

Also is it possible to add say sneak attack to a weapon and make the dice be calculated by the int modifier of the pc and have it add in automatically to the sneak attack on the character ?

Ex. A Dagger that gives 1d6 sneak attack die per + int - so a pc with 14 int and a +2 bonus would receive 2d6 sneak attack. The pc already has 1d6 from his class so sneak attack would be 3d6?

Is this even possible?

Thanks everyone

Last edited by kridak; March 12th, 2010 at 10:11 AM.
kridak is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Lawful_g
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old March 12th, 2010, 11:33 AM
That is possible in the 3.5 files, but I don't know much about Pathfinder, so I will have to speak generally.

Bootstrap the "Sneak Attack" special to your weapon, with a condition that the weapon is equipped. Then add an eval script at Post Attributes or later that detects the Int bonus and adds that number to the value field of the bootstrapped Sneak Attack.
Lawful_g is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
kridak

Old March 12th, 2010, 11:50 AM
Any chance of getting an example in code. I will admit i am not exactly a strong coder, maybe i should just have them remember this stuff

To bad there was not an easier way to do this for non programmers.

Thanks Law
kridak is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old March 12th, 2010, 11:56 AM
Actually, it's very easy in Pathfinder to add a bonus to an existing sneak attack (sorry, Lawful_g, this doesn't exist in d20).

In a script on the item, add the following line:
Code:
#value[xSneakAtt] += hero.child[aINT].field[aModBonus].value
Timing: Post-Attributes/10000

I just noticed a bug - the timing of the sneak attack is at Post-Levels/10000, so it's too early to be affected by an attribute modifier. In the next update, it'll be moved to Final/10000, so that this will work.

Also, I've added some new macros in the next edition, so all that'll be needed for the script after that is:

Code:

#value[cSneakAtt] += #attrbonus[aINT]
If you're not sure that the hero who takes this dagger has sneak attack from his class, then it's probably safest to bootstrap the racial sneak attack special - in the bootstraps button, add the raSneakAtt special, and change the script to:

Code:

#value[raSneakAtt] += #attrbonus[aINT]
The racial sneak attack is for races like the Morlock, which get sneak attack, but might also take levels of Rogue - so, the special adds its own bonus to that of the class-based sneak attack if it finds the class based one, and if it doesn't find it, it displays the bonus itself.

On the other hand, if a Wizard who picked up this dagger could use it as a magic dagger, but wouldn't get Sneak Attack 2d6, stick with just modifying the class special.

(Due to the bug, this will only incorporate the bonus into the value once HL 3.6 comes out, probably sometime this weekend, maybe early next week).
Mathias is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old March 12th, 2010, 11:59 AM
The bootstraps button is where you can add new feats to a thing. There are many class specials that add bonus feats - you can look at them to see how they do it - the method to add it doesn't change when it's a weapon doing the addition as opposed to a class special.

When you say spell, do you mean a spell known? If so, open one of the Sorcerer bloodlines and see how they do it. If you mean a spell-like ability, there are many races and classes that add spell-like abilities - see how they do it (although the actual special you create for the spell like ability will go in the Ability section of the editor, not the Racial Ability or Class Special sections).
Mathias is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
kridak

Old March 12th, 2010, 11:59 AM
Awesome Mathias thank you, is there a way to add a spell (true strike useable at the wielders int bonus per day that would show up in in-play??)

This program is pretty amazing.

IGNORE THIS JUST SAW YOUR ANSWER ABOVE....
kridak is offline   #6 Reply With Quote