Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Discussion
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

EightBitz

Old January 24th, 2017, 01:16 AM
OK, I've got a working version of a PowerShell-built GUI. I need to polish some things up before I post it, and how long that takes depends on a few real-life things I have to do.

Why can't I just win the lottery? :-(
EightBitz is offline   #61 Reply With Quote
daplunk

Old January 24th, 2017, 01:22 AM
Because we need you... right here... doing this... for us

Realm Works - Community Links
Realm Work and Hero Lab Videos
Ream Works Facebook User Group
CC3+ Facebook User Group

D&D 5e Community Pack - Contributor
General Hero Lab Support & Community Resources
D&D 5e Community Pack - Install Instructions / D&D 5e Community Pack - Log Fault / D&D 5e Community Pack - Editor Knowledge Base

Obsidian
Obsidian TTRPG Tutorials
daplunk is offline   #62 Reply With Quote
EightBitz

Old January 24th, 2017, 02:38 AM
New version up! See the first post in this thread.

EDIT: Yeah, yeah, I know what I said. But it was too late to go to sleep and too early to start making business calls.
EightBitz is offline   #63 Reply With Quote
EightBitz

Old January 24th, 2017, 02:52 AM
Actually, I was just going to post that there was a quirk in the GUI script, but then I realized, "No, wait, I can fix that!"

So I did. And the new version is up.

There. I'm done for the day. No more scripting stuff today. Gotta do real-life stuff.
EightBitz is offline   #64 Reply With Quote
daplunk

Old January 24th, 2017, 02:58 AM
Testing has commenced

Realm Works - Community Links
Realm Work and Hero Lab Videos
Ream Works Facebook User Group
CC3+ Facebook User Group

D&D 5e Community Pack - Contributor
General Hero Lab Support & Community Resources
D&D 5e Community Pack - Install Instructions / D&D 5e Community Pack - Log Fault / D&D 5e Community Pack - Editor Knowledge Base

Obsidian
Obsidian TTRPG Tutorials
daplunk is offline   #65 Reply With Quote
EightBitz

Old January 24th, 2017, 03:59 AM
Updated the github link in the first post, because apparently, this whole time, I've been doin' it wrong.

https://github.com/EightBitz/RWExport
EightBitz is offline   #66 Reply With Quote
EightBitz

Old January 26th, 2017, 09:02 AM
New version up.

https://github.com/EightBitz/RWExport/tree/Version-0.9a
EightBitz is offline   #67 Reply With Quote
EightBitz

Old January 26th, 2017, 10:18 AM
OK, another quick update. I accidentally left a line commented out that I commented out for testing. I took out the comment so that line is active now.

I also changed the CSS settings so things look much nicer. I learned about gradients today. :-)

Since I updated the CSS file, I reprinted the documentation and releasenotes to PDF to reflect the new CSS formatting.
EightBitz is offline   #68 Reply With Quote
MaxSupernova

Old January 26th, 2017, 12:51 PM
So I asked (via bug report because I thought it was) about some of the XML that is kind of pointless/ugly/annoying, and got a nice developer response.

My issue was with a text snippet with links in it. (You might have seen my suggestion post as well).

In the following example, "AMC", "Aldolore Station" and "Rone Varan" are links within the sentence.

"The Aldolore Mining Cartel, also known as the AMC, is a corporation that controls Aldolore Station, Rone Varan and the surrounding asteroid fields."

The XML is:
<contents>
<p class=\"RWDefault\">
<span class=\"RWSnippet\">The Aldolore Mining Cartel, also known as the </span>
<span class=\"RWSnippet\">AMC</span>
<span class=\"RWSnippet\">, is a corporation that controls </span>
<span class=\"RWSnippet\">Aldolore Station</span>
<span class=\"RWSnippet\">, </span>
<span class=\"RWSnippet\">Rone Varan</span>
<span class=\"RWSnippet\">and the surrounding asteroid fields.
</span>
</p>
</contents>

That means that if I want to use CSS to pretty up my snippets, my only option is to use the larger RWDEFAULT class rather than just the RWSnippet class that's immeidately around the text. If I use the RWSnippet class and do any positioning or margins, it will mess up individual words in the line.

Depending on how RWSnippet is used in other use-cases (I just have really simple images-and-text realms) it might be worth your while to simply filter out the RWSnippet spans, because they do little but add a lot of extra characters to the text (nearly doubling the size in this example).

There doesn't seem to be a way that they can change the class of links to a different class to denote a link, according to David, the dev who replied in pretty cool detail to my question.

Quote:
What you propose would be ideal, but a part of what we have is based on the control we use for showing snippets within Realm Works. This control is an RTF control that happens to support HTML import and export. What we store is pretty close to what we get out of that control and probably more closely mimics RTF as translated to HTML rather than fully hand-craft HTML.
Quote:
We actually do not depend on any indication of links being stored in the HTML. It is all pulled out and stored separately within the link data itself. So if you wanted to recreate links as we have inside of Realm Works, you would need to use the information in links as well as the HTML contents to properly set it all up.

Last edited by MaxSupernova; January 26th, 2017 at 12:55 PM.
MaxSupernova is offline   #69 Reply With Quote
EightBitz

Old January 26th, 2017, 01:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxSupernova View Post
So I asked (via bug report because I thought it was) about some of the XML that is kind of pointless/ugly/annoying, and got a nice developer response.

My issue was with a text snippet with links in it. (You might have seen my suggestion post as well).

In the following example, "AMC", "Aldolore Station" and "Rone Varan" are links within the sentence.

"The Aldolore Mining Cartel, also known as the AMC, is a corporation that controls Aldolore Station, Rone Varan and the surrounding asteroid fields."

The XML is:
<contents>
<p class=\"RWDefault\">
<span class=\"RWSnippet\">The Aldolore Mining Cartel, also known as the </span>
<span class=\"RWSnippet\">AMC</span>
<span class=\"RWSnippet\">, is a corporation that controls </span>
<span class=\"RWSnippet\">Aldolore Station</span>
<span class=\"RWSnippet\">, </span>
<span class=\"RWSnippet\">Rone Varan</span>
<span class=\"RWSnippet\">and the surrounding asteroid fields.
</span>
</p>
</contents>

That means that if I want to use CSS to pretty up my snippets, my only option is to use the larger RWDEFAULT class rather than just the RWSnippet class that's immeidately around the text. If I use the RWSnippet class and do any positioning or margins, it will mess up individual words in the line.

Depending on how RWSnippet is used in other use-cases (I just have really simple images-and-text realms) it might be worth your while to simply filter out the RWSnippet spans, because they do little but add a lot of extra characters to the text (nearly doubling the size in this example).

There doesn't seem to be a way that they can change the class of links to a different class to denote a link, according to David, the dev who replied in pretty cool detail to my question.
I use the P tag. I strip out some inline formatting first, though. It seems to work. Are you having issues?
EightBitz is offline   #70 Reply With Quote