Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Card Vault Forums > Card Vault
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

casper86

Old March 3rd, 2007, 02:16 PM
I've taken ownership of the PotSM data files and have uploaded v2.0, which includes all standard cards in all sets through Pirates of the Frozen North. The files are uploaded to the main Card Vault site, and also to Data Files R Us, and can be retrieved at http://www.datafilesrus.com/cv/potsm-2_0.cv.

I largely left the early sets alone to not screw up any existing inventories. I did normalize the rarities as well as update some of the types (previously the type was based on the overall card, not the item on the card, so some crew were labeled as treasure). The rest is as it always was.

Please pay attention to my note on 2-part cards that is included in the data file notes. I did this to allow you to separate the different crew, etc. but it did introduce some strangeness in managing inventory and sorting. You MUST update both parts of the card (both crew or crew and event, etc.) separately to account for it all. There's no linkage within the data where you could update one and it takes care of the other - it just isn't there. My suggestion (due to the strangeness in sorting) is to find the card based on name and then cross-check the card number (A or B) to find the right place to update.

If anyone has stats on any tournament, limited edition, promotional, or special cards, please send the stats to me via e-mail. As these are not listed on the WizKids site, I have no information for them and they are not included in the set. I'll add them if I can get any info. Please send them to casper86@pacbell.net.

I've also added a feature to the datasets for the keywords on the cards. Keywords are now a tag just like any other and this allows you to search or filter for specific ones, such as galley, sea monster, or Black Mark. I hope this helps people build their fleets easier.

There was a flegling link tag set from the early data files but I don't have a handle on how they work and did not continue using them. Links are noted in the card rules block in text form. I'm sorry that there's no mechanism to do it any other way right now, but if I figure one out I can add it later. The program also does not take into account card special effects on fleet building, such as reducing costs for links etc.

If anyone has any questions or suggestions, please e-mail me. I know there's at least one error in one of the earlier sets (I had found it once upon a time but can't now) and there may be more, so please let me know and I'll correct it.

Have fun!

Ted
casper86 is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
casper86

Old November 12th, 2007, 08:03 AM
Folks,

I'm working to get the newest data files that include bug fixes and the new cards from Disney's Pirates of the Caribbean set out as soon as I can. Look for them later this week (week of 11/12/07).

Thanks

Ted
casper86 is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Mur

Send a message via ICQ to Mur Send a message via AIM to Mur Send a message via Yahoo to Mur

Old November 12th, 2007, 08:34 AM
Could someone send me the unsubscribe instructions for this list? Thanks
in advance.
Mur is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
casper86

Old November 19th, 2007, 03:30 AM
Draft data files (some information in the notes is +<> as the official site has it, until I get the actual card) for Disney's Pirates of the Caribbean are loaded at http://www.datafilesrus.com/cv/potsm-2_1_9.cv. This file also includes fixes for earlier data.

Enjoy

Ted
casper86 is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
casper86

Old June 10th, 2008, 08:14 PM
I have updated the data files for Pirates through Fire and Steel (except the zero treasure cards in the high 200s). I've uploaded the draft data files so you can start managing your inventory.

I noted several possible errors in the nationalities of the ships between the pictured ship and what was given on the website data element. Where possible, I checked the ship and if I could confirm it was the proper picture, I would take the nationality from the flag on the stern. In a lot of cases, however, the picture didn't load so I had to accept the data element unless I could tell from the description.

I also noted that the website detail pages cut off both the game text and the flavor text after a certain number of characters. I left them as is (as the website is my reference) until I can actually get the cards and look at what's printed on them.

If anyone gets the actual cards and determines there is an error in the nationality, or can provide the complete text blocks, please e-mail the information to me at casper86@pacbell.net. I anticipate posting subsequent data file versions (the letter in v2.3a in the file name) with as many updates as I can get.

Here is the release notes that explains other idiosyncrasies in the data files...

Welcome to the data files for Pirates of the Spanish Main/Pirates of the Cursed Seas, the Constructible Strategy Game from WizKids. These files currently include all sets through Fire and Steel (except some limited edition and promotional cards).

If you notice any errors, have any questions or suggestions (especially if you have information on limited edition, special, or promotional cards), please contact me at casper86@pacbell.net so I can update the list. Original files by Lone Wolf Development (support@wolflair.com). Sets past Barbary Coast by Ted Franger.

KNOWN ERRORS: The PoTSM card gallery site had many discrepencies between the listed nationality and the picture of the ship (In most cases I could verify the ship's name and used the flag on the stern as the true nationality). However, items that didn't have a picture with a flag (like crew) may not be listed as the correct nationality. Finally, the site seemed to have a limitation on the amount of text it would show, so some game and flavor text is cut off. I will correct these known errors as I get the actual cards. If you have any of the erroneous cards, please send me the correct information.

Inventory Note: When entering your inventory for a 2-part card (such as 2 crew or a crew and event on the same card), you will need to enter BOTH parts as they are listed separately in the system. Also, there are some pecularities in the way the collector's numbers sort, so cards with A or B sections won't sort correctly. In this case use the name to find the card and cross-check the number.

Revision History:
2.3 - 5/24/2008 - All standard cards through Fire and Steel
2.2 - 1/10/2008 - Added Pirates of the Cursed Seas: Rise of the Fiends cards, plus fixes to previous data

Note: Several cards have +<> or similar in the descriptions, as that is what the website had. As I get these cards (or information on them), I will update the descriptions to the true values. I wanted to get the list out so everyone could maintain their inventories from the start. Also, you will notice that there are separate cards with the same name and different abilities. I have added a note in the name to differentiate them. CardVault will group cards with the same name in the inventory, which might have unpredictable results. The (Dmg) means 'damaged'. Ships with the Bombardier keyword show the correct number of masts in the Mast Count field, but will show an additional cannon die in the individual mast listings due to the bombardier cannon. Ships with the Flotilla keyword will show one (1) mast and four (4) cannon dice.

I have also added a keywords field for cards so you can search/filter for cards with a particular keyword, such as schooner or broadsides attack.

Pirates of the Spanish Main, Pirates of the Cursed Seas, Constructible Strategy Game, possibly the ship and crew names, and a lot of other stuff in these files is copyright (and/or trademarked) by WizKids LLC. Disney's Pirates of the Carribean, ship names, characters, and other items are copyrighted by the Disney Company. No challenge to these copyrights or trademarks is intented. All material included in these data files is publically available on the WizKids web site for download.

Happy hunting,

Ted Franger
casper86 is offline   #5 Reply With Quote