Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Discussion

Notices

Exmortis

Old November 24th, 2015, 12:22 PM
I have noticed something with RW when working with custom categories.

Because I have two custom worlds in the works I noticed that categories I create in one do not show up in the other. PreCreated categories are labelled "Global Categories" and my custom created ones are all labelled "Local Categories".

Because I do not want to modify the RAW RW design, all of my work has centered around creating my own custom designs for Categories, even if it was a simple change to an existing one. Although I think the ones provided are a really good start, the more I worked with RW and built my worlds the more I longed for custom categories to organize my work. Thus to keep the RAW forms in place for marketplace compatibility (or what ever else), I went with creating my own. Tip of that hat for this ability, really love it!

However my issue is my work isn't sync'd over all my realms. Is there away to mark a category global? I really do not want to have to create every custom category in each realm I actually may add custom work too. Even if there was away to have all local categories in every one of my realms in RW I would be giddy. I would not want to have to remember to update every single realm due to an update to a category in one, and it not get replicated.

Is there a way to do this?

Thanks,

Exmortis aka "Scott"
RW - Needs Rez spell
HL - Game Master/Designer
RPG Tools - Campaign Cartographer 3+, D20 Pro Ultimate
Real Life - IT Security
Hobby - Anything on water or ATV
Exmortis is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Acenoid

Old November 24th, 2015, 12:47 PM
Categories are set per Realm at the moment (global and local ones by the way).
There will be copy functionality with the content market, but I don't have all details. So you need to tweak everything per realm at the moment unfortunately.

Just attempt it and create a new realm you will notice that everything is "pristine"

Join the (unofficial) Realm-Works IRC Chat: #realm-works on the Rizon Network (https://wiki.rizon.net/index.php?title=Servers)
-> Browser Client: https://kiwiirc.com/client/irc.rizon.net
Acenoid is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
AEIOU

Old November 24th, 2015, 02:54 PM
Marketplace....
AEIOU is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Vargr

Old November 24th, 2015, 08:34 PM
What AEIOU says.

It is my understanding, that the Marketplace will make it possible to copy settings and parts (or whole) realms across the - ehm... - your whole set of realms.

Even to the extend of having a master realm and automatically copy changes from this one to other realms.

Now, I might be wrong - anyhow, we should real soon now (TM) know a lot more. I believe LW will open up for the goody bag with relation to the Marketplace in the upcoming month and describe what we can expect.

Vargr
Deputy Calendar Champion

Legend has it, that the Tarrasque is a huge fighting beast, perpetually hungry.
Sleet entered History when he managed to get on the back of a Tarrasque only to be ridden out of History shortly after.

Using Realm Works, Worldographer (Hexographer 2), LibreOffice, Daz3D Studio, pen & paper for the realm World of Temeon and the system LEFD - both homebrewed.

Vargr is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Exmortis

Old November 25th, 2015, 04:53 AM
Thanks everyone, that's what I thought, but one never knows for sure until one asks.

I will just use the snippet tool to grab a screenie of the categories to be mirrored.

Exmortis aka "Scott"
RW - Needs Rez spell
HL - Game Master/Designer
RPG Tools - Campaign Cartographer 3+, D20 Pro Ultimate
Real Life - IT Security
Hobby - Anything on water or ATV
Exmortis is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
AEIOU

Old November 25th, 2015, 10:09 AM
To expand a bit, Rob noted the Marketplace is being rolled out in phases. I presume premium modules will be phase 1. We have had no indication how many phases there will be or when the phase that will include uploading our own content to ourselves will happen. Based on their past releases, my guess is 2nd or 3rd quarter next year but I really hope I'm wrong.
AEIOU is offline   #6 Reply With Quote