Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Discussion

Notices

Lj Stephens
Lone Wolf Staff

Old September 10th, 2019, 12:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Murrdox View Post
I'm really curious what's going to happen with Shadowrun 6th Edition, and whether that is going to get built into Hero Lab Online or Classic. Cause I really want that Realm Works integration!
Hi! I can say that Shadowrun 6 will be supported by Hero Lab Online. There is currently no plan to include it with Hero Lab Classic. Thanks for asking!
Lj Stephens is offline   #21 Reply With Quote
Acenoid

Old September 10th, 2019, 01:46 PM
Does RW support HL Online , HL Classic or both?

Join the (unofficial) Realm-Works IRC Chat: #realm-works on the Rizon Network (https://wiki.rizon.net/index.php?title=Servers)
-> Browser Client: https://kiwiirc.com/client/irc.rizon.net
Acenoid is offline   #22 Reply With Quote
Farling

Old September 10th, 2019, 02:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acenoid View Post
Does RW support HL Online , HL Classic or both?
RW can store a HL classic portfolio file, and show the embedded statblock from that portfolio file.

RW can store a web link, so you could put the link to a character you've created in HL online. (No stat preview unless you create a PDF from HL online and manually store it inside RW.)

Farling

Author of the Realm Works Import tool, Realm Works Output tool and Realm Works to Foundry module

Donations gratefully received via Patreon, Ko-Fi or Paypal
Farling is offline   #23 Reply With Quote
Farling

Old September 10th, 2019, 02:54 PM
Quote:
So, hopefully that will happen soon, since Pathfinder 2 is available for Hero Lab Online now (I'm not a Pathfinder player so I haven't been following the Pathfinder 2 release too closely).

Hopefully we'll get some devs assigned back to Realm Works soonish.
HLO still requires a lot of development to support ships for Starfinder, and parties and shared loot, and probably other functions too. This is just to get it to a state that it can support what was originally planned.

There is continuing work on data entry for both Starfinder and PF2 as Paizo keep producing more content and also their PF and SF society scenarios, boons, etc.

Therefore, it could be along while before they can spare anybody to restart RW development.

Farling

Author of the Realm Works Import tool, Realm Works Output tool and Realm Works to Foundry module

Donations gratefully received via Patreon, Ko-Fi or Paypal
Farling is offline   #24 Reply With Quote
Greebo

Old September 10th, 2019, 11:11 PM
BJ answered this to my little rant on Facebook:

Quote:
Originally Posted by BJ View Post
I’ve been on vacation for nearly two weeks, but I’ll take a look when I’m back in the office and give whatever info I’m allowed to.!
That was two days ago.

Quote:
Hopefully we'll get some devs assigned back to Realm Works soonish.
Yes, hopefully.

Quote:
I am, however, a bit worried with Hero Lab Online what that is going to do with my Realm Works / Hero Lab integration in the future. Realm Works is user-friendly enough that with enough time and effort I can build a world in Realm Works. Hero Lab Classic is NOT user friendly enough for me to build in. I'm playing Infinity 2D20 at the moment, and I'd love nothing more than to have all my characters and NPCs in Hero Lab, but alas I just can't program all that, so I just have to deal with copying statblocks into Realm Works and living without the combat tracker.

I'm really curious what's going to happen with Shadowrun 6th Edition, and whether that is going to get built into Hero Lab Online or Classic. Cause I really want that Realm Works integration!
I am worried about the implications of HLO, too. I do not like to be too dependent on cloud solutions, even though they have advantages.

And the user-friendliness of HL/HLO compared to RW is a problem. Since I'd love to have that integration, too, I bought the HL author kit a while ago and just failed to accomplish anything with it.

But other things are way higher on my wish list:
https://forums.wolflair.com/showthread.php?t=61552

Even though my last comment in that thread seems to have vanished.

Supporting Calendar Campaigner

Tools: Realm Works, Campaign Cartographer 3+ and Add-ons, MapTools
Games: home brew world, Lord of the Rings (CODA), Shadowrun, Earthdawn

Last edited by Greebo; September 11th, 2019 at 03:52 AM. Reason: word missing.
Greebo is offline   #25 Reply With Quote
kbs666

Old September 11th, 2019, 03:13 AM
When I started planning my current PF campaign I put some real effort into trying to customize HL.

Stuff like adding deities and languages was easy enough but limiting what feats/classes/spells were available simply always broke HL. I gave up after something like 6 months of struggling with it. When HLO was announced I assumed they would make improving /changing how all that worked so as to make it easier to customize but alas that was not to be. I've ignored HLO since. I run my game in my friends basement and his WiFi isn't great so relying on a net connection for character management simply isn't realistic.

my Realm Works videos
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCZU...4DwXXkvmBXQ9Yw
kbs666 is offline   #26 Reply With Quote
Itzi

Old September 11th, 2019, 08:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kbs666 View Post
I run my game in my friends basement and his WiFi isn't great so relying on a net connection for character management simply isn't realistic.
Derailing and diverging ...

I get that it's not your house, so your options are limited. With that said, I think I'm just too tied to technology. If there was somewhere in my house that had a crappy WiFi signal, I'd either be spending my time in another room or there would be an AP installed, pronto.

To me, in my home, no WiFi is like no light - it's a limitation that doesn't need to be there and needs to be corrected.

But, I'll acknowledge that not everyone has every option.
Itzi is offline   #27 Reply With Quote
kbs666

Old September 11th, 2019, 12:58 PM
He finished the basement several years back with the intent of turning it into a entertainment room/man cave but he and his wife had triplets.

So now it's a room with carpet, paneling, washer, dryer and a folding table and chairs.

my Realm Works videos
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCZU...4DwXXkvmBXQ9Yw
kbs666 is offline   #28 Reply With Quote
Murrdox

Old September 11th, 2019, 05:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kbs666 View Post
When I started planning my current PF campaign I put some real effort into trying to customize HL.

Stuff like adding deities and languages was easy enough but limiting what feats/classes/spells were available simply always broke HL. I gave up after something like 6 months of struggling with it. When HLO was announced I assumed they would make improving /changing how all that worked so as to make it easier to customize but alas that was not to be. I've ignored HLO since. I run my game in my friends basement and his WiFi isn't great so relying on a net connection for character management simply isn't realistic.
Yup. I managed to add in a couple of weapons and generic equipment to Hero Lab. I made that work OK. I tried to add a custom race, and that failed miserably.

That said, when I was running Shadowrun, having that integration between Hero Lab and Realm Works for all my encounters was AWESOME....
Murrdox is offline   #29 Reply With Quote
Ambush

Old September 11th, 2019, 06:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lj Stephens View Post
Hi! I can say that Shadowrun 6 will be supported by Hero Lab Online. There is currently no plan to include it with Hero Lab Classic. Thanks for asking!
Welp. That's disappointing. Again.

By the way, if you're going to stop supporting HLC could you at least give those of us that have been supporting it, and by proxy, you, the decency of telling us that? And to be clear, not adding new products to HLC counts as not supporting it.

DM, exRealmWorker, Character Sheet Hacker, Gamer
Ambush is offline   #30 Reply With Quote