Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Feature Requests
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

salcor

Old November 30th, 2014, 07:42 PM
LWD team,

First I want to say great work with Realmworks. It is a great program, and you are making it better everyday.

Second, there are a number of requests concerning updates to the player's edition. I would like to add to those requests. I definitely look.forward to individual player reveals and player journals. Theses are very important to all players. Along with that I would like to request two features.

1: player organized relationship trees. Thiswould allow players to create a relationship tree based on their character and identified how the character feels about other players and npcs. I think this would help to maintain very important roleplaying information and help reduce GM time recording how the different players interacted with the different PCs helping with game prep and roleplaying.

2: PC view on truth,1/2 truth, and lies. During game play of course the gm will reveal information to the players and he/she will know if it is truth,1/2 truth,or lie; but sometimes the PCs will miss the reality. It could help the GM while he is planning this next session to scroll over a piece of information, say a truth,and see that Bob and Joe think its a lie, Mike thinks its a half truth, and Alvin believes its the truth.

Thank you for your consideration.
Salcor
salcor is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Zaphod Beebledoc

Old December 1st, 2014, 05:10 AM
+1 and +1.

Great suggestions btw Salcor!

Sleet was enjoying a tasty beverage at his local tavern, when a Tarrasque showed up in the local area. He managed to valiantly get on it's back and ride it. How he did it is a mystery to this day...

RW: Engine Heart, I Love The Corps! Home Brew: Star Gate: Avalon, Monda Minutia. I'm good with: OpenOffice, Paint, Lego Digital Designer. & not so good with: Realm Works, Hero Lab, CC3+, GIMP, Cityographer, Hexographer, Fractal Mapper, AstroSynth, Inspiration Pad Pro. RW Kickstarter Supporter.
Zaphod Beebledoc is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
pyremius

Old December 1st, 2014, 07:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by salcor View Post
1: player organized relationship trees. Thiswould allow players to create a relationship tree based on their character and identified how the character feels about other players and npcs. I think this would help to maintain very important roleplaying information and help reduce GM time recording how the different players interacted with the different PCs helping with game prep and roleplaying.
Salcor
I'd like to expand on this idea a bit, especially as it blurs the line between consumer and creator of data.

The ability for the Characters to modify parts of their own Topic (meaning the Individual-type Topic associated with their character) could be helpful, although the GM would need to be able to lock some snippets and I expect the GM Directions would become a dialog for explaining changes in both directions. As Hero Lab integration deepens (automated mining of of attached data files to update individual Snippets would be wonderful) this feature would become less significant but I still see a lot of potential value for the Story, Motivation, and Method sections (as well, of course, as "Additional Details).

Another area to explore is adding the ability to reveal "revealed" knowledge. By this I mean knowing that somebody knows. For example, Ted, Alice, and Fred meet Henry: Henry is revealed to each of them. Later in the day, Ted and Alice encounter Susan and learn a secret about her, who is revealed to them, but not to Henry. Allowing Alice to see that Ted knows Susan (and that they both know her secret) would be helpful in remembering who to talk to about certain people. This flag would be set be default when revealing information to a group - you know who is with you when you learn something. The default should have the option to be removed, however, for situations where identities are unknown (example: the PCs are blindfolded, separated, and led away. 3 are then covered in masked robes and led to participate in a ritual: each will learn the same information, but will not be aware the others were present and should assume they are the only ones with this knowledge). When a character receives knowledge individually, that fact is not revealed by default, but it should be possible to reveal the awareness on a case-by-case basis (Ted might tell Fred he knows Susan, but that doesn't mean Fred knows Alice has also met Susan, and he might not tell Fred about Susan's secret).

Player updates to the Relationships links for their own character could be of extreme value to everyone in the game, as it allows the player to do the work of creating Public and Private attitudes for everyone they've met. This gives the GM more knowledge to work with when planning encounters and communication channels, and gives the players more to think about for their characters' personalities.

Tieing both of the above together, it also allows for the option of "semi-private" attitudes (now I'm just making too much new work, I suspect ): Ted has a Public Attitude towards Susan which Fred and Alice know (they are aware Ted knows her), but Henry does not (he isn't aware Ted knows Susan at all); Ted has a Semi-private Attitude towards Susan that Alice knows (based on that secret both are aware of), and finally Ted has a Private Attitude which reflects his real opinion, and is known only to himself.
pyremius is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Dark Lord Galen

Old December 1st, 2014, 08:25 AM
Quote:
LWD team,

First I want to say great work with Realmworks. It is a great program, and you are making it better everyday.

Second, there are a number of requests concerning updates to the player's edition. I would like to add to those requests. I definitely look.forward to individual player reveals and player journals. Theses are very important to all players.
Feel Free request, MANY including myself have. It is on the "features to come list" and was supposed to be on the core release for the PE for the journal part. This list of features came out with the release of RW and was "suppose to be" worked since that March release date. Many of these features should overlap from RW to the RWPE. As to when they ACTUALLY arrive, is anyone's guess.
See Here
The Future of Realm Works >http://www.wolflair.com/realmworks/f...f-realm-works/
Rob says <Reveal per Character>http://forums.wolflair.com/showthrea...469#post198469
Quote:
Good Idea, IF there is a means for the DM to Lock his side... a player perspective can be skewed... For example:
What would Harry Potter's perspective of Professor Snape be for 99% of the story? IT certainly changes at the end. A DMs having access to the player view of the relationship would certainly add to the dynamic of plot elements and there planning for future encounters.
Quote:
2: PC view on truth,1/2 truth, and lies. During game play of course the gm will reveal information to the players and he/she will know if it is truth,1/2 truth,or lie; but sometimes the PCs will miss the reality. It could help the GM while he is planning this next session to scroll over a piece of information, say a truth,and see that Bob and Joe think its a lie, Mike thinks its a half truth, and Alvin believes its the truth.
Covered generally herehttp://forums.wolflair.com/showthread.php?t=50579 But this further expresses a NEED for a separate area of discussion and requests for RW vs RWPE.
Dark Lord Galen is offline   #4 Reply With Quote