Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Online Forums > HLO - Starfinder

Notices

Wolverine690

Old April 29th, 2018, 12:32 PM
So I got the HLO for Starfinder and like it for the most part. But something that is driving me batty is I can't seem to find how I can add a + to any gear whether it to armor or weapons.

Is there a place or way to do this and if so where or how?

Thanks
Wolverine690 is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old April 30th, 2018, 07:18 AM
A "+" what? You don't mean mixing in Pathfinder's rules for magic items, like having a +1 azimuth laser pistol?
Mathias is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Wolverine690

Old April 30th, 2018, 08:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathias View Post
A "+" what? You don't mean mixing in Pathfinder's rules for magic items, like having a +1 azimuth laser pistol?
Yes, however it shouldn't be mixing if it's a listed item drop from a boss. It should be starfinder.
Wolverine690 is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old April 30th, 2018, 08:04 AM
That is a major house rule you're asking for - to bring a system from Pathfinder that Paizo decided not to incorporate into Starfinder, and re-create it in Starfinder. Do you have rules written up for how to translate the costs from Pathfinder to Starfinder?
Mathias is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Toblakai

Old April 30th, 2018, 01:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolverine690 View Post
Yes, however it shouldn't be mixing if it's a listed item drop from a boss. It should be starfinder.
What Paizo adventure drops this?
Toblakai is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
Wolverine690

Old April 30th, 2018, 07:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toblakai View Post
What Paizo adventure drops this?
I don't recall the name I think it's the 1st one. You fight a vesk soldier and he drops a (or was told by gm, who also doesn't make stuff up he follows what's in books) +1 azmith artillery rifle.
Wolverine690 is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
Toblakai

Old April 30th, 2018, 09:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolverine690 View Post
I don't recall the name I think it's the 1st one. You fight a vesk soldier and he drops a (or was told by gm, who also doesn't make stuff up he follows what's in books) +1 azmith artillery rifle.
The Vesk doesn't have a +1 weapon it's a normal weapon, I think maybe your GM wanted to give you a better weapon: Vesk stat block
Toblakai is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
jlong05
Volunteer Data File Author

Send a message via MSN to jlong05

Old May 1st, 2018, 04:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toblakai View Post
The Vesk doesn't have a +1 weapon it's a normal weapon, I think maybe your GM wanted to give you a better weapon: Vesk stat block
I think the GM was confused as the normal Azimuth Artillery Laser does 1d10 dmg, but the statblock included a +1, however I believe that was a bonus from the skills of the Vesk using it. Something to do with his Class Graft

The only "hobby" GW is interested in is lining their pockets with your money.
jlong05 is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
Wolverine690

Old May 1st, 2018, 08:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlong05 View Post
I think the GM was confused as the normal Azimuth Artillery Laser does 1d10 dmg, but the statblock included a +1, however I believe that was a bonus from the skills of the Vesk using it. Something to do with his Class Graft
Oh I see makes sense... We've struggled a bit with Starfinder in some areas.

Off topic a little, did the bosses in the first adventure up to the asteriod with the last boss and other boss fights up till then seem a little more difficult for characters of the level the module suggested the characters be at? We only had 3 players granted but even so fights seemed to be a bit more rough and even with a 4th person we didn't feel it would have made a lot of difference. Especially for that last fight.
Wolverine690 is offline   #9 Reply With Quote
jlong05
Volunteer Data File Author

Send a message via MSN to jlong05

Old May 1st, 2018, 09:55 AM
My group hasn't really struggled with any encounter until they met the monkeys and plant in AP2. Poison effects are real, and they exact a toll.

The only "hobby" GW is interested in is lining their pockets with your money.
jlong05 is offline   #10 Reply With Quote