Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Online Forums > Hero Lab Online Discussion

Notices

EightBitz

Old August 24th, 2019, 10:25 PM
I'm making a cleric, and I went to the gear section and bought a cleric's kit. With every other class I've made so far, when I bought the relevant kit, it added at least one basic weapon and one basic set of armor (except for classes that don't use armor). The cleric's kit added no armor and no weapon.

The description says it's supposed to add hide armor and the deity's favored weapon. I did have a deity selected, but still no armor and no weapon.
EightBitz is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Dami

Old August 25th, 2019, 03:34 AM
Raise a bug report. A forum post may not been seen and acted on by LW.

Current RPG's: Pathfinder (GM), Pathfinder (Player), Gamma World (GM, Pathfinder homebrew).
HeroLab: 3.5 & Pathfinder. HL User Files for PF: Greyhawk Setting, Gamma World (WIP).

DM and player of D&D since 1980.
Dami is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
EightBitz

Old August 25th, 2019, 03:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dami View Post
Raise a bug report. A forum post may not been seen and acted on by LW.
Neither are bug reports.
EightBitz is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Farling

Old August 25th, 2019, 05:31 AM
If the kit doesn't give you your expected armor and weapon, how is it not a bug?

Farling

Author of the Realm Works Import tool, Realm Works Output tool and Realm Works to Foundry module

Donations gratefully received via Patreon, Ko-Fi or Paypal
Farling is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
EightBitz

Old August 25th, 2019, 05:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Farling View Post
If the kit doesn't give you your expected armor and weapon, how is it not a bug?
I didn't say it wasn't a bug. I said that bug reports are neither acted upon. When I have to keep asking for a response, even if what I'm asking for is nothing more than an ETA, and I get nothing, what's the point of reporting anything? I feel like I'm sending email to an abyss. What's the point?

When I see and hear about others who've had the same experience for months (not just one person, but multiple), what's the point?

I'm done with RW. I'm only using HLO until I have an alternative for PF2, but even with that, I'm putting the HLO output into another product. So, I don't really care anymore. I'm tired of making the same complaints about lack of communication. I'm tired of seeing promises of change that end up being short-lived.

So I'm posting the info here for you guys. If any of you want to throw a bug report into the abyss, have at it.
EightBitz is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
Dami

Old August 25th, 2019, 02:09 PM
@EightBitz: I understand LW isn't any good at giving ETA's or responding. I see that too.
There is still a process to report problems, and people should be encouraged to use it, even if you personally feel that is pointless. If no-one reports a bug, certainly it won't get any attention.

Current RPG's: Pathfinder (GM), Pathfinder (Player), Gamma World (GM, Pathfinder homebrew).
HeroLab: 3.5 & Pathfinder. HL User Files for PF: Greyhawk Setting, Gamma World (WIP).

DM and player of D&D since 1980.
Dami is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
EightBitz

Old August 25th, 2019, 03:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dami View Post
@EightBitz: I understand LW isn't any good at giving ETA's or responding. I see that too.
There is still a process to report problems, and people should be encouraged to use it, even if you personally feel that is pointless. If no-one reports a bug, certainly it won't get any attention.
I have zero regard for the process at this point. I report them here, where they reach more people, for transparency. That's where it stops for me.
EightBitz is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
Farling

Old August 25th, 2019, 03:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by EightBitz View Post
I said that bug reports are neither acted upon.
Strange, because I read your response as neither the armor nor the weapon are included in the kit, however they aren't bugs. :-)

Farling

Author of the Realm Works Import tool, Realm Works Output tool and Realm Works to Foundry module

Donations gratefully received via Patreon, Ko-Fi or Paypal
Farling is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
EightBitz

Old August 25th, 2019, 03:25 PM
Quote:
Strange, because I read your response as neither the armor nor the weapon are included in the kit, however they aren't bugs. :-)
Yeah, looking at it now, I can easily see how you can read it that way.
EightBitz is offline   #9 Reply With Quote
EightBitz

Old August 25th, 2019, 03:27 PM
Quote:
The specific point I was responding to was "A forum post may not been seen and acted on by LW."

And in response to that comment, I replied, "Neither are bug reports [acted on by LW]."
EightBitz is offline   #10 Reply With Quote