Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Discussion
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Broley

Old July 9th, 2015, 02:58 PM
So today I started Realm Works and a pop up says an update is available. Great!

So I hit the download button and the swirly downloading icon pops up, but after several minutes, nothing is happening. Realm Works seems locked up. I start Windows Task manager and I see Realm Works is listed as 'Not Responding'.

I do this a couple times, starting RW, then trying to download the update. Again and again, 'Not Responding'.

Just to make sure it's not something to do with my PC's firewall or something, I then go to update the program on my laptop. But the same thing happens. It shows as 'Not Responding' so I have to kill it with Windows Task manager.

Is there a direct link I can download the update from so I can then update RW? If not, is there any idea why I cannot update either RW on either my PC or laptop?

Thanks
Broley is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Bobifle

Old July 9th, 2015, 03:40 PM
direct download here:
http://www.wolflair.com/realmworks/g...orks/download/

For your problem, some people have reported a very low download speed, that may be just your problem. Did you wait long enough ?

http://forums.wolflair.com/showthread.php?t=53354
Bobifle is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Broley

Old July 9th, 2015, 05:09 PM
I waited close to 10 minutes the first time. Then I looked and as I said when I opened Task Master, RW was not responding and locked up. I did this a handful of times, always the same.

If it matters my internet speed is 100 down and 10 up. Actually it's usually somewhat faster than that.

edit to add the following

Now that I look at the link you gave me and looking at the file it downloaded, the file you directed me to was version 1.0.1038.198, yet the announcement of the new update says it's version 1.0.30 - with custom views! Woowhee

So I have to ask again, is there a direct download link for the current update 1..0.30?

Last edited by Broley; July 9th, 2015 at 05:22 PM.
Broley is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Viking2054

Old July 9th, 2015, 06:29 PM
Liz's post says the new version is 1.0.38 and I'm pretty sure that is what the 1038 in 1.0.1038.198 is for.
Viking2054 is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Chemlak

Old July 9th, 2015, 11:15 PM
The 1038 is actually the 1.0.38 of the version number. I'm sure someone at LWD can explain the rest of the product version (I do know that the 198 is the build number - it's the leading 1.0. that I'm not sure of).

Chief Calendar Champion Chemlak

Join the unofficial Realm Works IRC channel! Join #realm-works
Chemlak is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
Parody

Old July 10th, 2015, 12:11 AM
1.0 are the major and minor version number. I don't know why they chose to go to 1.0.1000 over 1.0.0 when they released Realm Works. (For comparison, one of the last public beta builds before release was 0.9.106.155.)

The scheme seems to be major.minor.(releases in this version starting from 0; for 1.0 add 1000).(build or total releases).

My advice would be to reset to 1.1.0.(build/releases) when they release the Content Market. (Or 1.5, 2.0, whatever, but change the version and reset the release count.) It'd be a lot less confusing than always referring to releases as the third number minus 1000.

My favorite .NET-related versioning scheme was major.minor.build.YYDDD, where YY was the year and DDD was the day of the year (001-366) and was set automatically when building. I'd know if people were working with the latest build and it'd work great until 2066. :)

Parody is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
Mystic Lemur

Old July 13th, 2015, 01:03 PM
Seems to me, though I could be way off base, that they are using 1.0.xxxx until they have released everything they had originally hoped would be in the initial product.
Mystic Lemur is offline   #7 Reply With Quote