Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - D&D 5th Edition SRD
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Mediator9292

Old December 20th, 2023, 03:06 PM
Has anybody been able to make a 5e compatible file for Drop Dead Studio's Spheres of Power? I bought their packages from Drive Thru RPGs for my Pathfinder campaigns, but it supposedly also works with the 5e system - though I haven't been able to figure out how to activate that, if that's actually the case.

If there's no official way to incorporate the content, has anybody made the conversion and is willing to share?? Otherwise, I'll add that to my *slow-going* list of projects...
Mediator9292 is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Dami

Old December 20th, 2023, 09:37 PM
I can understand the PF1 Sphere's of Power being used with 5E rules, but the two systems in HL are very different and you couldn't use the existing HL files in 5E without reworking a huge amount of material.
Where did you hear that the HL package supposedly works with 5E? That's not mentioned on DTRPG. I do see the DDS makes a 5E version of SoP, but the only HL thread for SoP that I'm aware of is PF1.

Current RPG's: Pathfinder (GM), Pathfinder (Player), Gamma World (GM, Pathfinder homebrew).
HeroLab: 3.5 & Pathfinder. HL User Files for PF: Greyhawk Setting, Gamma World (WIP).

DM and player of D&D since 1980.
Dami is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Mediator9292

Old December 22nd, 2023, 06:44 PM
The non-Ultimate HL product on DTRPG lists Dungeons & Dragons as well as Pathfinder OGL 1E as the compatible Rules Systems - which to me sounds like 2 different systems, and they just neglected to specify which edition of D&D, though since it was published during the 5e era, it seems apparent that they mean 5e, especially since they have official 5e content for SOP on DTRPG in addition to Pathfinder. Since the HL files on DTRPG list 2 rules systems, I'm just inferring that it was intentional - but again, I'm probably wrong and that was an oversight. However, for a brief window, I was able to open up a DDS SoP file within 5e's Editor when I had changed the download folder to 5e - but no unofficial HL 5e content would load at all until I completely uninstalled all of it.
Mediator9292 is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Dami

Old December 23rd, 2023, 01:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mediator9292 View Post
The non-Ultimate HL product on DTRPG lists Dungeons & Dragons as well as Pathfinder OGL 1E as the compatible Rules Systems - which to me sounds like 2 different systems, and they just neglected to specify which edition of D&D, though since it was published during the 5e era, it seems apparent that they mean 5e.
The main text refers to Pathfinder RPG and other D20 systems. (I'd take that as 3.x) The later bit " Rule System: Dungeons & Dragons, Pathfinder OGL 1E" I'd say is lazy identification, or categorization chosen in DTRPG. There's no explicit reference to 5E.

I think you're out of luck with 5E unless you want to convert the files yourself. (Install into 5E, and then slowly work through converting anything that it identifies as an error.) Of course, while you are doing all this work, you probably can't use 5E because it won't load other user files.

Your best bet is probably contacting DDS and hoping they have some-one else who's interested in doing HL files for 5E. (The guy doing the PF SoP hasn't communicated on the forum for over a year.)

Current RPG's: Pathfinder (GM), Pathfinder (Player), Gamma World (GM, Pathfinder homebrew).
HeroLab: 3.5 & Pathfinder. HL User Files for PF: Greyhawk Setting, Gamma World (WIP).

DM and player of D&D since 1980.
Dami is offline   #4 Reply With Quote