Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - d20 System

Notices

Drakos

Old August 13th, 2010, 09:37 AM
Is there a place where people have uploaded exports of additional data they have added to the template, like classes from the Complete series and such?
Drakos is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
chiefweasel

Old August 13th, 2010, 09:59 AM
You can check out www.cheeseweasel.net and http://www.d20pfsrd.com these site host user created content.

Web site - Cheese Weasel Logistics - www.cheeseweasel.net
Twitter - @CheeseWeaselGMZ
For user created content check out www.d20pfsrd.com and www.cheeseweasel.net
For video demos of Hero Lab go to http://www.youtube.com/user/TheChiefweasel?blend=9&ob=5
chiefweasel is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Drakos

Old August 13th, 2010, 10:21 AM
Thanks for the links!
Drakos is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
bodrin

Old August 19th, 2010, 11:29 AM
Hi to Chiefweasel and Lawful G.

Just checked out the Cheeseweasel web page and the file listing has grown tremendously, my single file contribution pales in comparison with the content that Lawful has uploaded.

However after a long absence away from the Hero Lab program and forums I thought i'd update my system with the latest version and add the custom content.
Unfortunately there are a lot of errors that keep occuring when files are added, mainly referring to class specials and feats being unspecified.

For example

Hero Lab was forced to stop compilation after the following errors were detected:

Thing 'fDraLegBlu' - Undefined tag 'cSorSpells' referenced in bootstrap
Thing 'fDraLegBra' - Undefined tag 'cSorSpells' referenced in bootstrap

Hero Lab was forced to stop compilation after the following errors were detected:

Syntax error in 'eval' script for Thing 'cWMaEdge' (Eval Script '#1') on line 3
-> Tag 'HasFeat.fExEdge' not defined
Syntax error in 'eval' script for Thing 'cWuJWatSpi' (Eval Script '#1') on line 1
-> Tag 'HasFeat.fGuaSpirit' not defined

The data files could not be loaded due to errors. Hero Lab will now attempt to load them in recovery mode. Once loaded, you can access the editor as normal to correct any errors.

The following errors occurred:

Syntax error in 'eval' script for Thing 'cDPiSeaman' (Eval Script '#1') on line 4
-> Non-existent thing 'kProfSail' used by script
Syntax error in 'pre-requisite rule' script for Thing 'cDrPirate' on line 1
-> Non-existent thing 'kProfSail' used by script
Syntax error in 'pre-requisite rule' script for Thing 'fCunnEvade' on line 1
-> Non-existent thing 'cHOREvas' used by script
Syntax error in 'pre-requisite rule' script for Thing 'fDeadeyeSh' on line 1
-> Non-existent thing 'xSkirmish' used by script
Syntax error in 'pre-requisite rule' script for Thing 'fTelliBlow' on line 1
-> Non-existent thing 'xSkirmish' used by script

And so on.

At the moment im compiling a list of files that produce an error when added to the DATA/D20 folder.

I'l post the list in the next month or two of the suspect files!

bodrin.
bodrin is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Sendric

Old August 19th, 2010, 11:31 AM
Bodrin,

You are probably better off sending Lawful G a message with your email address so he can send you his most recent set of files (or I can). I had to do that, and things are working much better.
Sendric is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
bodrin

Old August 20th, 2010, 07:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sendric View Post
Bodrin,

You are probably better off sending Lawful G a message with your email address so he can send you his most recent set of files (or I can). I had to do that, and things are working much better.
Sendric, I'll do that later however at the moment i'm just compiling a list of files that error out.

So far I've discovered that certain files are referencing other files for "Things" especially the Classes and Feats.

For Example Dread Pirate and Scarlet Corsair both look for the Profession (Sailor) Skill as a pre-requisite which I added manually to the data file however once i'd added the LoT Mariner file a Duplicate "Thing" existed which turned out to be Profession (Sailor).

The CA Feats file looks for the Warmage and the Wu Jen classes.
Whereas the MM - Aboleth errors out with TypAberr does not exist.
and the CWar - Master Thrower looks for CHOREvas (CMatEvas Eval)

So i've gradually added the Custom content until i've gotten a list of files that all fail to load.

Once I've got them organised into a listing i'll post and PM to Lawful_G and Cheifweasel with a bug report.

Plus if the files are catalogued on this forum into working and files that are dependant upon other files lists then everyone adding the content can refer here to avoid the pitfalls.

Hope this explains why I posted on the Forum.
Bodrin!!
bodrin is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
Drakos

Old August 25th, 2010, 08:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bodrin View Post
At the moment im compiling a list of files that produce an error when added to the DATA/D20 folder.

I'l post the list in the next month or two of the suspect files!

bodrin.
I noticed the same issue. I'm egarly awaiting your list.
Drakos is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
chiefweasel

Old August 26th, 2010, 09:57 AM
Yes, the files prosented on the 2 sites are "As Is". I know i take a quick look at each of them in my test platform, but errors are bound to happen, especially after updates.

I made a post a few weeks ago about setting up teams of people to perform various tasks that would benefit the community. One such team I mentioned was a test team. All new files would be sent to them and tested before they are published. Even people who dont do coding could help with this.

I was also looking at setting up teams for file creation, and a small team that set standards for various functions such as data set naming. with standards can be set up, we could set up a set location that users could automatically update the user created files from. That way everyone could get the files and have them automatically installed. Is just a dream i have, lol.

Web site - Cheese Weasel Logistics - www.cheeseweasel.net
Twitter - @CheeseWeaselGMZ
For user created content check out www.d20pfsrd.com and www.cheeseweasel.net
For video demos of Hero Lab go to http://www.youtube.com/user/TheChiefweasel?blend=9&ob=5
chiefweasel is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
Sendric

Old August 26th, 2010, 10:39 AM
I'd be happy to help you out Chief. It would mostly be in the testing process, but I have been working on some things (the biggest project being the Psionic powers from Complete Psionics).
Sendric is offline   #9 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old August 26th, 2010, 12:18 PM
So I got the d20 data set finally and tried to just add the PH2 stuff that Lawful_g did and it referenced several other books. I understand after looking at the Thing why it does this, but it brings me to a question. With the amount of stuff that is now linked to other books it maybe time to give the ability to simply download a complete set of Lawful_g .user files as a single zip file so that the linking to different Things does not cause issues.

Another idea to use is HL's Export Tool where Lawful_g could export all his .user files int a .hl file that can then simply be imported by Hero Lab at once. This is similar to the type of file we all get when Wolf Lair does a update to a data set. This export file could then easily be tracked by Date of when compiled. This way anyone would know I am using Lawful_g's 8/25/2010 stuff and he just released one for 9/15/2010. So then anyone could easily know to import the updated file again.

This would make the great stuff that he has done be available to more people as many have NO idea how to begin fixing the errors that show up when trying to use only a single .user file from the 3.5 stuff.

Just a thought anyways.

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #10 Reply With Quote