Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > Hero Lab Discussion
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

BJ
Lone Wolf Staff

Old March 4th, 2017, 07:38 PM
Times change. It’s been a fantastic adventure the last ten years and we can’t wait to dive into the next ten, but to do that we need to get with the times. We want to bring Hero Lab to those who don’t already have it, add the bells and whistles others have been requesting, and in general provide you a more efficient experience with an already amazing tool. The cost of bread and eggs has nearly doubled in the time we’ve been around and the rate for developers has certainly grown more expensive over the years, but we’ve never raised the price of the program. That time has come. Fortunately, unlike the bread and eggs, we won’t be doubling our price!

The base price of hero lab is raising from $29.99 to $34.99, which we feel is a reasonable increase after ten years.

Along with the price change for the base program, those purchasing core rules add-ons can expect to see a similar increase to $24.99 . Various data packages will also be going up, for example you can expect to pay $12.99 for the latest Bestiary instead of the previous $9.99.

We know you’ll want to grab up any missing essentials before the hike, so we won’t be raising prices on everything immediately. However, you can expect to see these changes take effect over the next month. Also of note are items that WON’T be changing. Pathfinder Adventure Paths, Pathfinder modules, Shadowrun 4th edition data packages, Mutants & Masterminds 2nd edition data packages, and all third party data packages will remain the same price they’ve been since launch.

2017 Pathfinder RPG Bundle

For those who have been excitedly awaiting the release of the 2017 Pathfinder bundle, it will be releasing this month. Keep an eye out next week to snag up an entire year of Pathfinder books for just $84.99!
We look forward to creating new and exciting things with you over the next year, and the many more to come. Happy Gaming!

Last edited by BJ; March 5th, 2017 at 08:02 PM.
BJ is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
daplunk

Old March 4th, 2017, 07:51 PM
Worth every penny and more.

Realm Works - Community Links
Realm Work and Hero Lab Videos
Ream Works Facebook User Group
CC3+ Facebook User Group

D&D 5e Community Pack - Contributor
General Hero Lab Support & Community Resources
D&D 5e Community Pack - Install Instructions / D&D 5e Community Pack - Log Fault / D&D 5e Community Pack - Editor Knowledge Base

Obsidian
Obsidian TTRPG Tutorials
daplunk is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Grey Mage

Old March 5th, 2017, 09:44 AM
Like you said BJ... 10 years without a price change. I can think of few other things I have used in the last decade with any regularity that have not gone up and up.

So (to me) this seems pretty reasonable. LWD is after all a business.
Grey Mage is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
BJ
Lone Wolf Staff

Old March 5th, 2017, 03:38 PM
Indeed it does Grey Mage!

Thank you both for being supportive.
BJ is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Paragon

Old March 5th, 2017, 08:58 PM
Yeah, I may mutter about a few things about HL, but I can hardly complain about a rise of that modest a level in a decade.
Paragon is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
Exmortis

Old March 6th, 2017, 04:50 AM
Well now with that increase you can afford an extra cup of coffee for those midnight coding sessions!!!!

Exmortis aka "Scott"
RW - Needs Rez spell
HL - Game Master/Designer
RPG Tools - Campaign Cartographer 3+, D20 Pro Ultimate
Real Life - IT Security
Hobby - Anything on water or ATV
Exmortis is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
BJ
Lone Wolf Staff

Old March 6th, 2017, 07:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exmortis View Post
Well now with that increase you can afford an extra cup of coffee for those midnight coding sessions!!!!

Haha!
BJ is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
Duamatef

Old March 6th, 2017, 01:15 PM
The price changes sound eminently reasonable so far (although I admit*I'd love to see them listed on the pages with "Price Now"/"Price at End of Month".

And thanks for the heads up!!
Duamatef is offline   #8 Reply With Quote