Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > Hero Lab Discussion
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

zizazat

Old April 26th, 2012, 11:24 AM
So I've been trying this out yesterday and today. Mostly great. Much faster/better than booting the VM I was using to do that, so kodos!

I've run into a problem twice now which I've needed to force kill HL via the Activity Monitor.

What happens is this: I'm switching between apps (both times Chrome/Gmail/with an active chat) to HL. I'm chatting with a buddy flipping between the two. 'For some reason' HL won't come back to focus. I can drag down to tile all apps and select it again, but it doesn't come back into focus. I tried closing everything else so that it was the only thing running, but I can never get the top task menu bar to say 'Hero Labs' again. Thus I can't save/quit/etc the app and my only recourse it to kill the whole thing via Activity Monitory.

I'm a MAC neophyte, but I have an IT background (Linux sysadmin, RHCE etc, etc,) I've tried switching back to the application 2-3 different ways I know of and nothing gets me there. It doesn't happen every time, of course, and if I figure out how to reproduce it reliably I'll update this.

Any other thoughts on what I can do/should do/log if this happens again?

Thanks!
zizazat is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Colen
Lone Wolf Staff

Old May 11th, 2012, 08:00 AM
Sorry I missed this when you first posted it - is this still a problem you're running into?
Colen is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
zizazat

Old May 12th, 2012, 08:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colen View Post
Sorry I missed this when you first posted it - is this still a problem you're running into?
Strangely, or luckily I haven't had it happen again since the post

I did update yesterday with the latest version that was just released. If you think of any other logs or forensics I can gather should it happen again I'm happy to.
zizazat is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Eru the One

Old May 15th, 2012, 11:39 AM
I've had it happen to me this past weekend twice. I believe I was opening a popup help (grey question mark) before switching and the process pegs at 100% CPU and becomes unresponsive and has to be killed (I am running 4.0a). I can't reproduce it reliably, but one time I was hovering over the "Encumbrance" section of the "Basics" Summary. Let me know if you want me to try and get a process dump when/if it happens again.
Eru the One is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Colen
Lone Wolf Staff

Old May 15th, 2012, 03:01 PM
Alright, I think I've reproduced this - if I click on an info button (not mouse over it, but actually click) and then switch apps, the popup stays visible and HL isn't responsive when I switch back. Is that what you guys have run into? Is the popup still visible after you switch apps?
Colen is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
Eru the One

Old May 15th, 2012, 08:44 PM
Yes that's it! I was able to reproduce again as well on my Mac to verify that's what I was doing.
Eru the One is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
Colen
Lone Wolf Staff

Old May 17th, 2012, 08:19 AM
This should be fixed in HL4.0b, which came out yesterday.
Colen is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
zizazat

Old May 22nd, 2012, 04:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colen View Post
This should be fixed in HL4.0b, which came out yesterday.
Now that you've described it I can make it happen at will, even after the 4.0b update.

I'm running Pathfinder, Ability tab, 20 point buy, hover over a value (I've got a small info box Base Value:10 (Point-Buy Cost:0) overlaying my Chrome browser as I type this. I cannot switch back to HL. This is the 3rd time I've done the exact same steps to reproduce.
zizazat is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
Buckett

Old May 26th, 2012, 11:22 AM
I find whenever I have any grey box pop up and I use a button (or track pad gester) to enable "mission control" that the application almost freezes. The cursor still blinks and it is not labeled as (Not Responding) in the list of application in the force quit menu.
Buckett is offline   #9 Reply With Quote
Colen
Lone Wolf Staff

Old June 1st, 2012, 02:21 PM
I'm afraid I can't reproduce the problem with 4.0b. Can you tell me exactly what steps you go through? After showing the tooltip popup, how do you switch to the other app - with the mouse or keyboard? What do you click or type?
Colen is offline   #10 Reply With Quote