Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Sturmrider

Old May 1st, 2017, 06:02 AM
I am still working on that Lizardfolk and have made tremendous progress thanks to the community.

I have bumped into something new I haven't found in Hero Lab and that is maneuvers/Stances. This player has selected some and I haven't figured out where you find them or select them.

I am finding Hero Lab very straightforward overall except when you bump into that odd power gamer. Really making me work for this one.

Thank you for the help.
Sturmrider is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Silveras

Old May 1st, 2017, 07:11 AM
Maneuvers/Stances are not part of "official" Pathfinder. Like Psionics, they are a done by a third party, Dreamscarred Press. They have been implemented as part of the Community Pack, though I do not know how complete that is at this time. So you would need to download the Community Pack (if you have not already), then turn ON the options for Path of War content.
Silveras is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old May 1st, 2017, 10:05 AM
My advice as a DM is to specifically only allow "some" Pathfinder books. Opening up every book including 3PP books is a nightmare if you don't have time to keep up with them all.

The way to do this with HL is to make a empty .por file that has the "exact" settings already in the Configure Your Hero settings. This includes which houserules or books you are allowing for this campaign.

Then email that file to your players and tell them they are not allowed to change the settings. In addition on the 'Journal' tab is a button that shows you which books of Things are in use. If you see a book not on your allowed list then ask the player to remove said Thing.

Honestly its hard enough as a DM without letting in every option in the whole world to your players. Especially if you are not familiar with how Path of War and its mechanics work. You will have no way to correctly balance any encounters.

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Sturmrider

Old May 1st, 2017, 03:16 PM
Thanks guys, I am going to toss that out to the GM as a suggestion. He and I are the only ones with Hero Labs, but he is using it to make his GMing task easier. The players just seem to go to the SRD and grab any and everything to max the character out.

I agree. I think he should set guidelines otherwise they will run wild.
Sturmrider is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Ualaa

Old May 1st, 2017, 08:02 PM
Almost everything from the first Path of War, has been implemented into Hero Lab, through the Community Package.

Bits and pieces of the second book, Path of War: Expanded, have appeared. Not everything from the second book has been implemented, for example there are new disciplines which the new classes each have a couple to a few of, and the existing classes get to pick one of a specific set of the two new disciplines per existing (first book) PoW class.

There are feats (Martial Training), which allow some of the PoW:E disciplines to be picked as per the feat, but not all of them.
Those disciplines that are implemented for the new book (most) are not assigned to the existing classes at all, and not entirely to the new classes either (some have partial choices, one had full choices and one had only a single discipline the last I checked).
You can grant a character an extra feat (additional feat, via ShadowChemosh Adjustments) that they don't actually take, and then grant them the discipline that they're supposed to have access to (for the ones which are implemented via the feat route), and then take them... so you can play around with PoW:E to get a lot of it in, even if not all of it is included in the package.

Doing it that way is kind of an ugly approach, but if you have a player who really wants PoW and PoW:E stuff, you can make a lot of it work.

If you were to stick to the plain Path of War (original book), just about everything is included.
The classes (Stalker, Warder, Warlord) are a fair bit stronger than non PoW classes, but casters are still a lot stronger in combat, and outside of combat situations still have a lot to do which pretty much none of the martials are even close to.
Essentially, if you allow PoW material, any martial that doesn't go that route, is substantially weaker than any who do... not saying that's a bad thing necessarily, as it partially closes the gap between martials and casters.
Ualaa is offline   #5 Reply With Quote