Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Cortex System

Notices

flamepulse

Old April 8th, 2014, 02:39 PM
I am in the process of creating the Verse in RW's starting with planets and moons, I am using hte Verse in Numbers as reference but it doesnt list any towns, cities or settlements. For those fans out there if you could start listing them in this thread it would be appriciated. once all ocmpiled and they have it set up to share data i will make it all available. Fan created or official cannon is fine either way.
flamepulse is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
flamepulse

Old April 8th, 2014, 02:41 PM
I will be creating Hero Lab Portfolios of characters fro mall the RPG books i can find as well as creating characters for NPC's ;listed in the tv show and movies that are not yet made, if anyone has done this i would love to have copies to compile.
flamepulse is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
elfnfb

Old April 9th, 2014, 04:33 AM
Sweet! Thanks!
elfnfb is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
SAbel

Old July 24th, 2014, 06:53 PM
Any update on this?
SAbel is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
SAbel

Old July 28th, 2015, 07:03 PM
Just becoming and annual event now, to see if the deal has been struck with MW publishing and hopefully I can use Firefly rules in HL
SAbel is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
Aaron

Old August 5th, 2015, 08:23 PM
Well I will point liz to this thread at least!
Aaron is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
liz
Ex-Staff
Lone Wolf Staff

Old August 6th, 2015, 06:39 AM
Thanks, Aaron! While we used to support the Cortex system in the past, we no longer have a license to support that system. In order to support Firefly, we'd need to secure a license agreement with Margaret Weiss Productions. While that's not outside the realm of possibility for the future, that's not something we're working on right now. We always encourage our users to let publishers know if they'd like to see their game in Hero Lab.
liz is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old August 6th, 2015, 10:01 AM
Actually, the real problem is significantly bigger than Liz characterizes. The *MOVIE STUDIO* would have to approve the license. That's where things get really complicated and prohibitively expensive. If it were just MWP, I'm pretty sure we'd have a license without any difficulty.

The reason we "lost" the license previously was because MWP's license with the studio ended, so ours ended along with theirs. MWP then negotiated a new license awhile later, but it wasn't realistic to do a Hero Lab license again at that point in time. As far as movie studios are concerned, something like Hero Lab gets lumped into the same category as video games, so they want video game dollars. Everyone in this industry knows the two aren't remotely similar, but the studios don't understand and frankly aren't interested in learning the distinction.
rob is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
AndrewD2

Old August 6th, 2015, 12:30 PM
Another example is like the new Star Wars system and the reason there are no PDFs as well as no legal character creators. LucasFilm actually considers PDFs video games and require an additional license with video game dollars attached. Its sad.
AndrewD2 is offline   #9 Reply With Quote
SAbel

Old August 16th, 2015, 03:30 PM
Just want to have a nice RPG if only the movie companies understood, Wil Wheaton needs to get on this! Hes one of us.
SAbel is offline   #10 Reply With Quote