Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

BMJ

Old September 28th, 2016, 05:50 PM
At first I was just thinking it would be a type which it wasn't. So then I looked and saw it was a special subtype of construct on the d20pfsrd well it's not listed as a subtype at all either.

So do we just not have half-construct?
BMJ is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old September 28th, 2016, 05:56 PM
I just tested the following steps, and they worked:

Choose "Custom Race - Standard" as my race.
Click the "Add Subtypes" option under the Type selector
Select Half-Construct from that list.
Mathias is online now   #2 Reply With Quote
BMJ

Old September 28th, 2016, 06:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathias View Post
I just tested the following steps, and they worked:

Choose "Custom Race - Standard" as my race.
Click the "Add Subtypes" option under the Type selector
Select Half-Construct from that list.
So what the heck am I missing? I was fairly certain I owned basically all content other than third party??? I just went over configure hero and can't identify anything I can think of that would not show it? I have all my source books and such activated as well.

Last edited by BMJ; September 28th, 2016 at 06:36 PM.
BMJ is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
charlieluce

Old September 28th, 2016, 09:07 PM
I just tried it too, and as far as I can tell I just have to have the ARG and Race Builder checked to build a Half-Construct.

Can you do full Constructs? Maybe you have something that Precludes it?

Currently Running: Pathfinder Second Edition
Currently Playing:
Pathfinder First Edition, Star Trek Adventures
Former HL Games: D&D 4e & 5e, Mutants & Masterminds 2E & 3E, Savage Worlds
charlieluce is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old September 28th, 2016, 10:58 PM
BMJ, could you test this;
In the Develop menu, select "Choose Supplement Packages". Look through the list there. Is one called "Playtest Content" active? Cancel out of that list without changing anything once you've looked, or use Select All if you accidentally uncheck something.

(Enable Data File Debugging, at the top of the Develop menu, may need to be turned on before you can use Choose Supplement Packages).

I checked, and that subtype is in a file in the playtest section (I'm not sure why - I'll research the history of that in the morning - it may just be a file name change that was forgotten at some point). When I turn that off in the choose supplement packages, I get a list similar to your screenshot.
Mathias is online now   #5 Reply With Quote
BMJ

Old September 29th, 2016, 06:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by charlieluce View Post
I just tried it too, and as far as I can tell I just have to have the ARG and Race Builder checked to build a Half-Construct.

Can you do full Constructs? Maybe you have something that Precludes it?
Yes I can do Constructs and no half-construct doesn't show up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathias
BMJ, could you test this;
In the Develop menu, select "Choose Supplement Packages". Look through the list there. Is one called "Playtest Content" active? Cancel out of that list without changing anything once you've looked, or use Select All if you accidentally uncheck something.

(Enable Data File Debugging, at the top of the Develop menu, may need to be turned on before you can use Choose Supplement Packages).

I checked, and that subtype is in a file in the playtest section (I'm not sure why - I'll research the history of that in the morning - it may just be a file name change that was forgotten at some point). When I turn that off in the choose supplement packages, I get a list similar to your screenshot.
I don't even have it? Would you like my checksum for the files? I am not sure if anything on it is private so I didn't want to upload it immediately.

Last edited by BMJ; September 29th, 2016 at 06:19 AM.
BMJ is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old September 29th, 2016, 03:07 PM
I can't figure out why the half-construct and half-undead are in a playtest file, so they're being moved to an ARG file.

I also don't know why BMJ doesn't have the playtest content - everyone should have that, as long as they're not in demo mode (which I can tell from the screenshots that BMJ is not).

So, with the next update (hopefully in a few hours), this should be accessible for BMJ.

BMJ, there's nothing in the playtest you're likely to need, but if you want to figure out what's going wrong, email support@wolflair.com, and Colen can examine your license and see if anything's set up incorrectly.
Mathias is online now   #7 Reply With Quote
BMJ

Old September 29th, 2016, 03:10 PM
Thanks Mathias custom races are generally unused so I can imagine it was an easy to miss move. I appreciate the help very much and hope to update soon!

Alright sent in a support e-mail just to be on the safe side. I am surprised that there would be an update to solve this within a few hours tho?

Last edited by BMJ; September 29th, 2016 at 05:02 PM.
BMJ is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
Aaron

Old September 29th, 2016, 05:27 PM
Well, we do releases monthly, so it's combination of you having good timing and Mathias taking an interest in getting your issue taken care of ASAP. Unfortunately, some issues with statblock output took longer than expected and the release was pushed back to probably tomorrow.
Aaron is offline   #9 Reply With Quote