Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Discussion

Notices

Nikmal

Old March 26th, 2019, 06:45 AM
What is the point of linking my Paizo account and or Hero Lab licenses to my RW license/account?

Just curious. I have done it but can't see the benefit. (it seemed like the thing to do on the forums).

Thanks!
Nikmal is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Avi

Old March 26th, 2019, 07:49 AM
To allow you to purchase content you bought from the Pazio Store at a much cheaper price.
I'm FUBARD as I spent my money on physical copies of their books...
Avi is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old March 26th, 2019, 10:03 AM
There are two separate questions here with two very different answers...

First of all, linking your Hero Lab Classic licenses to your RW/HLO account serves one simple purpose at the moment. It allows you to view all of your HLClassic purchase history and the personal information we track for you by accessing it via the RW/HLO account. This was done for GDPR compliance. In the future, this will be the conduit for game systems that exist both in HLC and HLO.

Linking your Paizo account serves a very different purpose. All Paizo adventure-related content (i.e. not rulebooks) for RW requires that you own the Paizo PDF before you can purchase the RW material. By linking your account, our server can verify that you own the PDF. If you don't, then you can purchase the PDF along with the RW material. All PDF prices are retrieved at the time you start your shopping session, so any sale price offered by Paizo at the time should be reflected through our server, as well.

Hope this helps clarify everything!
rob is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Nikmal

Old March 26th, 2019, 12:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rob View Post
There are two separate questions here with two very different answers...

Hope this helps clarify everything!
It does, thank you!
Nikmal is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
LonePaladin

Old March 27th, 2019, 06:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rob View Post
Linking your Paizo account serves a very different purpose. All Paizo adventure-related content (i.e. not rulebooks) for RW requires that you own the Paizo PDF before you can purchase the RW material. By linking your account, our server can verify that you own the PDF. If you don't, then you can purchase the PDF along with the RW material. All PDF prices are retrieved at the time you start your shopping session, so any sale price offered by Paizo at the time should be reflected through our server, as well.
So what are my options if that's not happening? I own the PDF of Rise of the Runelords, and after linking my Paizo account the Content Market still says I don't.
LonePaladin is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old March 27th, 2019, 07:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LonePaladin View Post
So what are my options if that's not happening? I own the PDF of Rise of the Runelords, and after linking my Paizo account the Content Market still says I don't.
Our server contacts the Paizo server and asks it whether you own the PDF for each product that we offer. It then tells use which ones you own and the price to use if you don't own it. Beyond that, there isn't anything more we can control on our side. If the Paizo server is giving us incorrect information, then we have no way of independently determining that or fixing it.

Because it's RotRL that's the problem, I'm curious if the issue is that there are two versions of RotRL sold by Paizo. There's the original RotRL for 3.5 and the Anniversary Edition for Pathfinder. Those are distinct Paizo products. Our version is the Anniversary Edition for Pathfinder. If you purchased the original PDFs for 3.5, then those are a different Paizo product and Paizo will report that you don't own the Anniversary Edition.

If that's not the problem and you actually own the Anniversary Edition PDF, then Paizo's server is potentially reporting wrong information to us. Please open a support ticket. We can investigate on our end, but all we can do is verify the information we're being given by Paizo, just in case there's an issue with our code. However, only Paizo will be able to correct any problems on their end.
rob is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
storeyl

Old April 7th, 2019, 10:27 AM
I think that last bit has caught me out, and left me somewhat annoyed. I happened to have a quick look at what was available and was over the moon to see curse of the crimson throne. I just happen to be running that again (in a different game system) and thought 'go on $35 for the RW version, already have the PDFs from paizo, and even put a lot of it in RW a couple of years ago, but $35 for the real thing pre done for RW would be interesting'. Linked my account and found the price went up to $76. Like hell. I already have the PDFs, legit.

So then it occurred to me that this is probably the 'newer' version, which I don't have and am not really interested in buying from Paizo again. $36 is one thing for the RW version, but $76 that forces me to buy in essence what I already have as an add-on for some minor updates is just not going to happen ever.

Is there any chance of talking to Paizo about being a little more relaxed about those products they re-release, so those who have the older version are not prevented from buying the RW version.
storeyl is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
Toblakai

Old April 7th, 2019, 11:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by storeyl View Post
So then it occurred to me that this is probably the 'newer' version, which I don't have and am not really interested in buying from Paizo again. $36 is one thing for the RW version, but $76 that forces me to buy in essence what I already have as an add-on for some minor updates is just not going to happen ever.

Is there any chance of talking to Paizo about being a little more relaxed about those products they re-release, so those who have the older version are not prevented from buying the RW version.
You should talk with Paizo about this not Lone Wolf. But FYI the new version of Crimson throne is a LOT different then the original, it's not just a conversion from 3.5 they upgraded the whole adventure, it's worth the purchase.
Toblakai is offline   #8 Reply With Quote