Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Mutants & Masterminds

Notices

Shadowchaser

Old July 15th, 2010, 02:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colen View Post
We're working to determine this now. Hopefully we'll have an answer for you guys soon - we'll definitely have a demo version to show off at Gen Con, but I'm not sure when the actual release will be.
Hey, Sweet! I'll certainly try to stop by your booth and check it out!
Shadowchaser is offline   #61 Reply With Quote
Sketchpad

Old July 15th, 2010, 06:31 PM
Any chance that the demo would be online to try for those of us that can't hit GC?

DT Butchino | Writer, Illustrator, Designer
DeviantArt|Facebook|Twitter
Sketchpad is offline   #62 Reply With Quote
Hello Kitty

Old July 17th, 2010, 04:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingcircus View Post
Well I wish M&M 3E would just drop the old boring levels system and just go straight points system, far simpler, I have always felt the dumb d20 levels system just never fit a supers style campaign. I mean, hell what level can you put on Superman or Darkseid? Just never made sense anyhow, just use straight points like the old DC Heroes system and leave it at that, maybe even drop the d20 system altogether and go with 2d10 (still gives a range of 2-20).
Because PL is for game balance, and you are free to play any of those older systems. Its not like they don't exist and your not free to play them. Go buy them and use them.

Also if it uses 2d10 then it would become Silver Age Sentinels. Its MnM, and I remember the core thing I liked about MnM and D20 in general was the fact you roll a single D20 and every 5 you get another 'success' basically, much like using Whitewolf's system in a way.

If its going to be a 2d10 roll, I assume you mean roll each die, add them together and then add a modifier. If so fine, but do not make it like Silver Age Sentinels where you only need to roll below your stat and if its a 19 on 2d10 that is freak'n easy and thus you have little reason to ever go beyond 16 cuz of additional skills allow you reach 20+. I thought that was inherently limited. Sure D20 has things like DC 40 = Impossible but it seems a more open-ended system.

So if your simply rolling 2d10 and adding them up and then sticking your +12 modifier on there to get a DC, so rolling 14 = DC 26 and that means you made DC 25, good job. Then sure why not, but if you mean turning away from that core mechanic, then no. I say just go by Silver Age Sentinels and have a SAS party at your house. I'm sure you can score the GOO products cheap someplace. There is no need to turn MnM into that already existing mechanic. It would be like turning MnM into some 'stones' MU or 'cards' based Saga type game. It would kill MnM quick and like those other games we'd end up with another decent game that is history.

So if you like the SAGA card system or Stones from MU, just play those systems already created.
Hello Kitty is offline   #63 Reply With Quote
Colen
Lone Wolf Staff

Old July 19th, 2010, 10:52 AM
I've posted an update on the Hero Lab / DCA situation here:

http://forums.wolflair.com/showthread.php?t=10865

I think you'll like it.
Colen is offline   #64 Reply With Quote