Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > Hero Lab Discussion
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Sannos

Old January 27th, 2009, 01:06 PM
I saw you press release in July 08 'the Pathfinder RPG will become available shortly after the release of the planned Beta edition, due out at GenCon Indy this August.'

I am also looking forward to PAthfinder RPG datadset. Do you have an ETA?
Sannos is offline   #21 Reply With Quote
rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old January 30th, 2009, 12:41 PM
We were just discussing this yesterday and the plan is to have the Pathfinder RPG data files completed this summer. We're too small a company to spend our limited resources trying to hit a moving target while Paizo continues to refine the system during Beta. Once the system is finalized, we'll then get the data files completed. So our plan is to release the data files at the same basic time as when the finished product is released.
rob is offline   #22 Reply With Quote
hunter1828

Old January 30th, 2009, 12:54 PM
I can live with that. Thanks for the update!
hunter1828 is offline   #23 Reply With Quote
Sannos

Old February 16th, 2009, 07:30 AM
Thank you for the update.
Sannos is offline   #24 Reply With Quote
Cullyn

Send a message via AIM to Cullyn Send a message via Yahoo to Cullyn

Old February 18th, 2009, 06:38 PM
Completely fair. I'm sure you'll get a data set purchase from me shortly after release.
Cullyn is offline   #25 Reply With Quote
Sannos

Old June 4th, 2009, 08:35 AM
Now that Pathfinder RPG has been sent to the printers...Is there an ETA for it's support?
Sannos is offline   #26 Reply With Quote
hunter1828

Old June 5th, 2009, 09:38 AM
This might answer your question:

http://forums.wolflair.com/showpost....41&postcount=2
hunter1828 is offline   #27 Reply With Quote
JimGroves

Old June 28th, 2009, 12:01 PM
Steven D. Russell of Rite Publishing (http://www.ritepublishing.com/home.html) has made it no secret that he was able to purchase a special advance copy of the PF RPG Core Rules from Paizo.. So Clinton Boomer could write a Patronage Project for Rite Publishing (http://www.ritepublishing.com/coliseummorpheuon.html) with the new core rules.. in advance of the 2009 GenCon release.

So, my question to Lone Wolf Development, is why aren't you calling up Paizo and asking if you can buy a copy of the Core Rules now.

I'm sure they'll want an NDA, because they don't want the rules leaked before the August 13th GenCon Release Date.. But you could be working behind the scenes right now in anticipation of that date..

Because it's not like Rite Publishing is that bigger a company that Lone Wolf Development. And you don't know, if you don't ask.
JimGroves is offline   #28 Reply With Quote
Qwilion

Old June 29th, 2009, 05:28 PM
Quoted from the Paizo Forum

Quote:
In order to qualify for early access, you'll need to meet the following criteria:

1. You must agree to the Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Compatibility License.

2. You must be an active publisher with print products currently available through Alliance Game Distributors and/or electronic products currently available through paizo.com.

3. You must agree to a Nondisclosure Agreement covering the Core Rulebook and the Bestiary.

(Paizo reserves the right to additionally qualify or disqualify parties at our discretion.)

The following companies have already been identified as meeting the first two criteria:

0one Games
DragonWing Games
Dreamscarred Press
Expeditious Retreat Press
Fat Dragon Games
Louis Porter Jr. Design
Necromancer Games
Open Design
Radiance House
Reality Deviant Publications
Rite Publishing
Sean K Reynolds Games
Tricky Owlbear Publishing
My guess is clause#2 "You must be an active publisher with print products currently available through Alliance Game Distributors and/or electronic products currently available through paizo.com."

Yes there was an NDA, the cost of the print copy and its shipping as well (Oh yeah and Boomer has that copy not me, and yes he signed an NDA).

And Rite Publishing is a micro publishing house doing only pdfs and print on demand, and it is not my day job. Everyone who works for us are free lancers. So its not hard at all to be bigger than Rite Publishing.

I would want to take a close look at the Licence to see if it allowed for data sets to use the Compatiblility Logo. (I am not a lawyer.)

Steve "Qwilion" Russell
Rite Publishing
Qwilion is offline   #29 Reply With Quote
JimGroves

Old June 29th, 2009, 09:39 PM
Steve,

First and foremost, there was no allegation of wrongdoing being leveled at you or Rite Publishing. You haven't stated specifically that you feel there was one.. yet you're explaning yourself. In detail. In your first post. Welcome to the boards.

Just in case (and to put my own mind at rest), nobody called foul on you or Paizo. It's simply a case of, "That's a good idea, why doesn't Lone Wolf Development explore that possibility too."

And there's nothing wrong with that, is there?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwilion View Post
Quoted from the Paizo Forum

My guess is clause#2 "You must be an active publisher with print products currently available through Alliance Game Distributors and/or electronic products currently available through paizo.com."
Well, that's good news then! Lone Wolf Development does actively have an electronic product available through Paizo.com

http://paizo.com/store/gameAids/soft...&source=search

Heck, somebody (not me) gave it a nice review.

Anyway, thank you for setting the story straight and finding the early criteria policy.

Speaking now to Lone Wolf,

All I'm saying is that is possible to obtain an advance copy. Lone Wolf could possibly meet the criteria, as there's nothing obviously precluding it.

As a Lone Wolf Customer and a Paizo customer, I'm interested in seeing support for the system as soon as possible. It might be that your current work schedule doesn't permit any development time during July and August. If that is the case, so be it. I'll just have to wait or explore whatever option is available.

However it doesn't hurt to point out the possibility, and ask you to consider it.
JimGroves is offline   #30 Reply With Quote