Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Call of Cthulhu

Notices

Paul_Va

Old August 11th, 2013, 11:32 AM
I've been using Hero Labs for a couple of years now, and I'm mostly happy with it, but I will say I've always disliked the lack of ability to manipulate the character income built into the software. And the income always does strange things that are difficult to fix if you make a poor decision.

For instance, I just bought the Call of Cthulhu data package, and I'm rolling up my pregens for the next episode. I rolled the character's starting income and recorded it on the sheet as $7,500, which is what I rolled per the Call of Cthulhu core rulebook. However, when I finished creating the character, I noticed the character's Cash on hand was $37,750. I have no idea where this extra cash came from, and I can't find any setting that allows me to manipulate the starting funds.

Now, I know that I can go into the Journal tab and creating a journal entry that subtracts a set amount. However, I find this to be an obscenely inelegant way to change the character's cash. As the GM or player, I should be able to just click on cash and make it whatever I want.
Paul_Va is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
liz
Ex-Staff
Lone Wolf Staff

Old September 4th, 2013, 08:54 AM
Paul_Va, I was not able to replicate this issue. Can you submit a ticket to support (support@wolflair.com), perhaps attaching your character so we can look into this further?
liz is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old September 4th, 2013, 09:45 AM
Starting funds = income * 5

So that should be 37500, for an income of 7500, so I'm not sure where the extra 250 is coming from.
Mathias is offline   #3 Reply With Quote