Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Call of Cthulhu

Notices

tooley1chris

Old February 22nd, 2013, 04:58 PM
Can someone tell me how to convert items and skills from using CoC "present" to the "BRP" setting?
The CoC has ALOT more options under equipment then BRP does and I would rather transport them than redo all of them.
Thanks in advance!
tooley1chris is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
tooley1chris

Old February 23rd, 2013, 03:25 PM
Well...over 50 have viewed this with no responses? Is transfering gear between sources withing the same system not possible?
tooley1chris is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Colen
Lone Wolf Staff

Old February 24th, 2013, 10:36 AM
We don't have BRP support in Hero Lab yet, although it's something we're planning to add in the near future. As I understand it, when we implement BRP, we'll be including the appropriate BRP equipment and rules, some of which may be quite different from the Call of Cthulhu equipment.

I'm not sure what the conversion process from Call of Cthulhu would be, but I think that's more of a "how does the game work" question than a "how does Hero Lab work" question, isn't it? In that case I'd recommend looking at the rulebooks for the two different game systems - you may have to houserule things if something isn't in the BRP rulebook, but is present in Call of Cthulhu, and you want to use it in BRP.
Colen is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
tooley1chris

Old February 24th, 2013, 01:40 PM
I'd really just like the equipment listed under "present" in CoC options to also be available in the "BRP" options of the same system. This is standard stuff like clothes, tents, tools, ect... Nothing would really change game wise.
tooley1chris is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
gamemasterbob

Old December 18th, 2013, 05:06 PM
In BRP there is an option called "Skill Category Bonus"(pg31 Core). This makes it so your characteristics (strength, dexterity, intelligence etc...) will affect you skills. So your skills are put into groups based on the appropriate characteristic and given a modifier based on the value of the characteristic. This would be a cool option to add to CoC in the BRP options area. After all, what is the point of having characteristics if they don't affect your skills?

Last edited by gamemasterbob; December 18th, 2013 at 05:20 PM.
gamemasterbob is offline   #5 Reply With Quote