Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Mutants & Masterminds
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Toddamus

Old September 3rd, 2011, 11:46 AM
Hey! I'm new to the board and I don't know if this thread belongs here or in the general Hero Lab forum but I was wondering if there's a way to copy powers that you've created for one character onto another character so I wouldn't have to remake the same power over and over again.

Is there a way to do this?
Toddamus is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Duggan
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old September 3rd, 2011, 01:44 PM
Not really. I think people have posted about success copying and pasting from the XML, but in my experience, it's kind of spotty. This ability has been requested many times, but due to technical constraints, it's difficult to do properly.
Duggan is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Toddamus

Old September 3rd, 2011, 03:12 PM
Thanks. Now I'm trying to see if I can make the power template in the editor but it's being a bit of a pain. The tutorials aren't helping much either.
Toddamus is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Duggan
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old September 3rd, 2011, 06:47 PM
The easiest way to set up powers is by copying a similar power. There are two places you might look to. One is the various Alternate Forms (found under Powers, e.g. Two-Dimensional). A more comprehensive example can be found under Super-Speed where they actually set the values.

I'm perfectly willing to help out if you can give me an example of what you're trying to do.
Duggan is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Toddamus

Old September 11th, 2011, 11:16 AM
Oh, that would be awesome. I was planning to do a set of racial templates for a dungeon crawl type game. I was working on dwarf. The Ability score bumps were easy to figure out but adding Immunity to poison and disease at half effect, sense types, advantages and enhanced traits to the same power proved over my head.
Toddamus is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
rob12
Banned

Old September 11th, 2011, 11:05 PM
This help me a lot with my gaming
rob12 is offline   #6 Reply With Quote