Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > Hero Lab Discussion
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Tom B

Old August 22nd, 2009, 05:07 PM
It's been a year or two since I used Hero Lab. I went to use it a few weeks ago, and it would freeze up whenever I tried to select a system. It would freeze at the 'Building User Interface' screen. So, I put it aside.

Today, I went and downloaded all the updates to try again, and I'm getting the same thing. Regardless of the game, whether it's one I bought or a demo, it freezes during the 'Building User Interface' screen.

Any ideas?
Tom B is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old August 26th, 2009, 01:20 AM
We've had no reports from anyone else getting behavior like this. And I can't think of any reason why that should be happening to you.

What are the specs of the computer you're using? What's the CPU and speed? How much RAM? What's the graphics card? Do you have the latest drivers for your graphics card installed?

Is it possible that you're running HL on an older system and it's just taking HL a long time to complete that step? How long have you waited before abandoning HL?
rob is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Tom B

Old September 5th, 2009, 07:46 PM
No, the system shouldn't be a problem. It's an AMD 64 3500+ processor, with 2 gig of ram. The computer itself is an HP. I don't have any special graphics card, but the program has worked in the past.

I start Hero Lab, select World of Darkness, then click Load. It flashes through a couple of screens and then shows a progress bar that is labeled 'Building User Interface'. Then nothing. It just freezes there. I left it for 15 minutes and came back, and there was no change. (It was always very fast when it worked.)

I just tried clicking on a couple of the other systems, that I don't have the license for. They take me through a few screens that I have to click through, but when it gets to the 'Building User Interface' screen, it either freezes, or the whole program shuts down and goes away.
Tom B is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Tom B

Old September 11th, 2009, 12:06 PM
Well, no reply here or by e-mail yet.

Can anyone tell me if it would cause any problems to uninstall Hero Lab, download a new copy and put in my license number?
Tom B is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Lawful_g
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old September 11th, 2009, 04:15 PM
That shouldn't be a problem.
Lawful_g is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
huntercc

Old September 12th, 2009, 05:08 AM
It may help if you said what operating system you're using (Linux? Windows XP? Vista?)
huntercc is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
Tom B

Old September 12th, 2009, 07:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by huntercc View Post
It may help if you said what operating system you're using (Linux? Windows XP? Vista?)
Sorry. Missed that. Windows XP.

Tomorrow, I'll try removing and reinstalling.
Tom B is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old September 15th, 2009, 06:30 PM
I can be a really stupid git sometimes. I mis-filed the support email on this and just found it today. So I replied with more details to try via direct email. Let me know how that goes.
rob is offline   #8 Reply With Quote