Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > Hero Lab Discussion
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Basilforth

Send a message via Yahoo to Basilforth

Old September 3rd, 2009, 06:21 PM
Just purchased HL today. Love it! Makes rolling up PF characters a breeze. Probably the difference in my being able to play or not.

Question on the Tactical Console....

I am looking at the Tactical Console htm help screen. On the sample screens shown in the tutorial, it shows Orcs and Ogre mages loaded up for combat. However, I can't figure out how to import the Orcs and/or other bad guys. Can you help?

p.s. I am using the Pathfinder system.

Ok, I am poking around and learning more....... It appears that the d20 data set (which I don't own) has lots of stock heroes and stock monsters.... Is it possible that these stock items might be transfered to the Pathfinder dataset? Can they be exported from one dataset to another?

Thank you!

Last edited by Basilforth; September 3rd, 2009 at 06:51 PM. Reason: clarify question
Basilforth is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old September 3rd, 2009, 09:23 PM
The documentation you're looking at hasn't been updated from the SRD version yet. The stock portfolios can't be ported from dataset to dataset.

The stock monsters won't be added until the Pathfinder Bestiary is out, and we've had a chance to add all the races there and create stock portfolios for them. We'll have to see if the Pathfinder GameMastery Guide has pre-statted NPCs like the 3.5 DM's Handbook did - if so, they'll be entered eventually, as well.
Mathias is online now   #2 Reply With Quote
Basilforth

Old September 4th, 2009, 05:11 AM
Thanks for such a quick reply! Appreciate all the support and extra stuff you guys do!

Is there a way for me to manually input some monsters in the meantime? The d20 dataset seems to have a 'Custom Race' option when you create a new characters. Any chance that the 'Custom Race' feature be added to the Pathfinder dataset?

Thanks again!!
Basilforth is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old September 4th, 2009, 08:59 AM
Races have already been added to the editor.
Mathias is online now   #4 Reply With Quote
Basilforth

Old September 4th, 2009, 01:30 PM
Gotcha, so that means that I can use the editor to create sample races and monsters?

I tried to create a sample race in the editor. Following the tutorial, I selected the 'Race' tab. I then selected the 'new(blank)' button and expected to see a screen that said, 'Choose Source Thing'. The later screen did not appear. I had a similar problem when I tried to create a new class. I expected to see a 'Create New Class' screen, but nothing happened when I click the 'new(blank)' button.

I am sure that I am doing something wrong. Any help would be appreciated. Or if you can point me to another discussion that might help. I can't seem to repeat the steps of the tutorial.
Basilforth is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old September 4th, 2009, 02:44 PM
You're following the tutorial for a class, not a race.
Mathias is online now   #6 Reply With Quote
Basilforth

Old September 4th, 2009, 08:59 PM
okay, now I understand, I did not see that I could scroll down in the middle portion of the screen. I see the hit dice selection now. This screen must be a later iteration of the 'choose source thing' selection menu box

thanks again
Basilforth is offline   #7 Reply With Quote