Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Savage Worlds

Notices

EricaOdd

Old April 23rd, 2014, 01:21 PM
I tried doing that fix myself, and it must be more complicated than just renaming the thing. It didn't work for me. I'll wait for Erich's update. There's nothing stopping me from still selecting those edges, it just gives me a validation error.
EricaOdd is offline   #41 Reply With Quote
zarlor

Old April 23rd, 2014, 04:46 PM
Well, Arcane Backgrounds have several related items. So changing one thing can still have an effect on the others. Probably the best way would be to open the .user file in a text editor (or even better something like Notepad++ so you can tell it to present the lines as XML code for easier dealing with) and search for the edg89Weird text. You'd basically need to change it in all places where it appears to the new edg89Arc name you decided to use.

Lenny Zimmermann
Metairie, LA, USA

Data files authored (please let me know if you see any issues with any of these if you have/use them):
Official (In the downloader)
50 Fathoms, Deadlands: Hell On Earth, Deadlands: Noir, East Texas University, Necessary Evil (requires Super Powers Companion), Pirates of the Spanish Main, Space 1889 (original file by Erich), Tour of Darkness, Weird War II, Weird Wars: Rome
Coming Eventually
Evernight (LWD has completed their review but I have some fixes to make first... although Pinnacle mentioned this might get an overhaul to SWADE so I may just wait for that first. If you just HAVE to have this now, though, just PM me)
zarlor is offline   #42 Reply With Quote
EricaOdd

Old April 26th, 2014, 07:08 AM
If you buy up an attribute with Super Attribute and then try to increase a skill related to that attribute, it doesn't seem to be accounting for the power.

Say, I have Agility d6, and buy it up to d10 with Super Attribute. If I have d6 Fighting and want to increase it, the skill point cost is still calculated as if my Ag were only d6.

I know it'll soon be a moot point once the SPC 2 files come out, but I'm trying to rebuild some characters using the current version, and it's skewing things a bit.
EricaOdd is offline   #43 Reply With Quote
CapedCrusader
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old May 2nd, 2014, 07:15 PM
Do you have the Power activated on the InPlay tab?

_
Currently In Development: Savage Pathfinder
Future Development: SWADE Super Powers Companion, SWADE Fantasy Companion
_
Currently Running: Savage Unity Inc. (homebrew multiverse theme)
Setting Files Supported: Deadlands: Reloaded, Flash Gordon, Gaslight, Hellfrost, Interface Zero 2.0, Seven Worlds, Slipstream, Solomon Kane
Future Setting Files: Savage Judge Dredd
CapedCrusader is offline   #44 Reply With Quote
EricaOdd

Old May 2nd, 2014, 08:20 PM
Thanks for the reply!

Yes, the Super Attribute checkbox in the In Play tab is checked. Having it checked or unchecked has no effect on the cost of skills linked to that attribute.
EricaOdd is offline   #45 Reply With Quote
CapedCrusader
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old May 6th, 2014, 01:35 PM
Are you referring to when the character is initially built, or are we talking about Advancements? For some reason, I was thinking Advancements.

If we're talking about Character Creation, that's how it's intended to work. Increasing an Attribute with the Super Attribute Power doesn't make increasing a Skill based on that Attribute cheaper when spending character build points.

_
Currently In Development: Savage Pathfinder
Future Development: SWADE Super Powers Companion, SWADE Fantasy Companion
_
Currently Running: Savage Unity Inc. (homebrew multiverse theme)
Setting Files Supported: Deadlands: Reloaded, Flash Gordon, Gaslight, Hellfrost, Interface Zero 2.0, Seven Worlds, Slipstream, Solomon Kane
Future Setting Files: Savage Judge Dredd
CapedCrusader is offline   #46 Reply With Quote
zarlor

Old May 6th, 2014, 02:41 PM
Hmm... I'm not so sure it should be that way, Caped. Clint has said multiple times, though not specifically addressing this as far as I can see, that until "entire process is over, the character isn't finished and later steps can influence or alter earlier ones." The latest place he said that was in response to using things like Super Attribute as a way to get a pre-requisite for something else, but I think it also applies for making the cost of skills cheaper as well. The only time I think it wouldn't apply is if a power were limited to being Switchable since he's also stated in that case that the normal, not switched "on", version of the Attribute should be what applies for things like pre-requisites and such.

Lenny Zimmermann
Metairie, LA, USA

Data files authored (please let me know if you see any issues with any of these if you have/use them):
Official (In the downloader)
50 Fathoms, Deadlands: Hell On Earth, Deadlands: Noir, East Texas University, Necessary Evil (requires Super Powers Companion), Pirates of the Spanish Main, Space 1889 (original file by Erich), Tour of Darkness, Weird War II, Weird Wars: Rome
Coming Eventually
Evernight (LWD has completed their review but I have some fixes to make first... although Pinnacle mentioned this might get an overhaul to SWADE so I may just wait for that first. If you just HAVE to have this now, though, just PM me)
zarlor is offline   #47 Reply With Quote
EricaOdd

Old May 6th, 2014, 05:55 PM
I'll ask that specific question in the Pinnacle forums, so we can be clear.
EricaOdd is offline   #48 Reply With Quote
EricaOdd

Old May 7th, 2014, 07:07 AM
It does affect skill point costs.

http://www.peginc.com/forum/viewtopi...=410808#410808

Quote:
Doesn't matter if it comes from Attribute points, Hindrance points, or super powers, the cost of the skills would be based off the final Attribute.

So yep, increases from powers affect skill cost.
EricaOdd is offline   #49 Reply With Quote
Aardvark892

Old May 13th, 2014, 03:01 PM
Emails sent to support@wolflair.com are being returned, FYI.

I was creating a character for the High Space plug in for Savage Worlds; amphibious alien with "glanding". When I attempted to "borrow weird science" gadget to represent his water-filled space suit, HL crashed and closed.

If you need to know any other info about this, please let me know at aardvark892@hotmail.com

Thanks!

Tim
Aardvark892 is offline   #50 Reply With Quote